PSA: Don't forget to change your clocks tonight! (Unless you live in a happy place that doesn't bother with daylight savings.)
Today: our annual spring forward poll. As always, answer as many or as few as you like, or just talk about something else. If it's fall where you live, adjust the questions accordingly.
1. What's the fragrance you'd most like to add to your collection this spring?
2. You have to vote one perfume in your collection off the island. Which one will go first, and why?
3. It's time for (fantasy) Spring Break! Where are you going, and pick ONE fragrance to bring with you.
Note: top image is Crocus [cropped] by Maria Keays at flickr; some rights reserved.
I would like to add Guerlain LPRN Rose Rose Rose to my collection, a friend is going to Paris in April, i am going to ask her to bring me a bottle. I have been curious about this one for a long time.
The bottle that goes off the island is … difficult to choose really.
Fantasy vacation will be Istanbul, i will take Chanel no 5 l’eau body spray, something fresh and easy to wear.
Istanbul in spring! Sounds lovely.
I think I would maybe like to add one of the Dame Soliflores this spring, but not sure.
I am considering voting Pulp off the island as I just don’t wear it that often.
My fantasy vacation will be to Kirks and Cacios and I will bring Kai and Fox in the Flowerbed because ONE perfume is definitely not enough.
Mine and Undina’s impressions of Byredo (from almost 7 years ago!):
Ha! I love Pulp but I get it. And I won’t pay the $$ for it, it’s too spendy.
I am thinking of putting it up in the swap meet. I used it maybe twice last year. I like it, but really don’t want to wear it anywhere as I am afraid people will think I stink 😷 I am sure there is someone that may enjoy it more than me.
I thought for sure you would like Pulp hajusuuri. Guess I was wrong 😑
Did you see that 100 ml bottles several of the Dame soliflore scents are 50% off right now?
Thank you. Yes, I did.
I am very late to comment, but I am interested in a bottle of Pulp. I’ve had my decant for many years and know I want to replace it when it’s gone. I’m not sure I’ll have any one bottle up for swap of equivalent value, but I’ll keep an eye out at the swap meet nonetheless.
Will be grocery shopping after work tonight and currently wearing Infusion d’Iris. I am thinking of either adding Gris Charnel or Au Coeur du Desert to my collection this spring. When I go to California, I think that I will bring no 19.
No 19 in California sounds beautiful
Still wafting Onda on my fleece from yesterday. Faint and delicate, but the waft is sublime!
1) Not really jonesing for anything at the moment, although I’m quite sure that if I embarked on a sniffapalooza at some perfume shops I’d come home with a bottle of something. I do feel as though the perfume habit is loosening it’s grip on me, and I’m ok with that.
2) I have a couple that fit this category and not because I don’t like them, more because I just never reach for them. Really just couldn’t figure out what to do with them when I moved home, so I just schlepped them along.
3) Really wishing I was in the desert this winter. I’ve missed the sunshine. And the solitude. Of course, I’d bring ALL my bottles with me because they are ALWAYS with me, so kind a moot point for me.
Raining again here. Doing laundry because why not? Then will hose down the truck and camper to get the caked on dirt off. Big plans for this Saturday! 😜
Stay well, y’all!
Your Saturday chores sound almost as fun as mine!
Deva, have you been able to sell the van yet?
I just listed it on RVTrader last week and I’ve gotten a couple nibbles. Of course, I’m not where the van is and everyone wants more pictures, etc…so, no, haven’t sold it yet. I’ll probably give it another month or so.
SOTM is Rebecca Minkoff EDP, from my newly acquired little bottle. Will switch to something innocuous later on, because we’re scheduled to meet our co-parents-in-law-to-be this evening and I don’t want to create controversy too quickly. My impression (from comments made by our daughter-in-law-to-be) is that her parents are more, er, normal than Mr. G and I are … but there’s always hope! 😂
Meanwhile, my poll answers:
To be added: Chanel Sycomore. I have an adorable mini of what I believe is the EDT version, but I’ve been wanting to try the EDP.
Off the island: MH Etui Noir. I wanted to love it, but I just don’t.
Fantasy spring break: a villa on a private island in the Mediterranean, with a butler to bring me iced beverages and a maid to pick up after Mr. G, and I’ll bring SMN Eva to spritz on after snorkeling in my private cove.
Please report back on the meeting. Visions of La Cage aux Folles are dancing in my head!
LOL! We’re not THAT odd, but I suspect our counterparts might be THAT “normal”. 🤣
I hope the meeting went well!
It did! They are very nice people, and their overall world views appear to mesh with ours (so probably no Thanksgiving Day dinner awkwardness to be expected). More “getting to know you” still required, but I don’t anticipate strife at all. Phew.
What a relief!
I’m in Ummagumma right now. This may be a candidate for what I’d like to add to my collection…though spring is maybe the wrong time.
I’m going to say the same thing I say every time I have to vote a perfume off the island, which is that the bottle of Laila: The Essence of Norway needs go from the back of my perfume drawer. I haven’t worn it since the early 2000s and it’s off so I’m not going to wear it now. I just never get around to taking it out, but it is likely to go this spring when we redo our washrooms.
Fantasy spring break…hmm…you mean, not the cold NW island beach I’m going to next week for a few days? Maybe Japan during cherry blossom season, but I’ve done that. Actually, probably Morocco, since that’s come up in recent days and I’ve REALLY wanted to go for a long time. And, the no-brainer scent would be LADDM, which is always in my travel bag, anyway.
I had a bottle of Laila years ago. I liked it, but the bottle leaked so I eventually just tossed it. My ancestors were Norwegian so I had to try it.
Yes to your Japan and Morocco!
Maybe the Laila is spoiled by now and that will solve your problem
I’m pretty sure it is spoiled, which is why the last time I tried it a year or two ago, it seemed off. It may be related to Kris’ issue — my bottle also leaked somewhat. Anyway, it was one of those pre-rabbit hole purchases where I was in Sephora and decided I must have it because I love Norway. I just need to get off my butt and pull it out of the drawer and dispose of it.
Fantasy Spring Break would be …take me back to Morocco
I wouldn’t bring any perfume, Marrakesh is the equivalent of the fragrance section of a department store-but as an entire city
I have so many to vote off the island..
Do tell about the island evictions!😱😱
Yes, I would like to know too.
Marrakesh is one of my favourite place names – just saying it feels like an exotic adventure!
1. Nothing fancy comes to mind, but the once cheap as chips Enchanted Woods hair and body mist by Pacifica–I’d love a new bottle of that. I’m eking out what I have left; the Himalayan Patchouli Berry (annoying name, right?) is no match at all. Sadly it is discontinued.
2. I’m not big on voting perfumes off the island, but I have grown disenchanted (but not with Enchanted Woods ) with three newish acquisitions: Wood Jasmin (BDK) is too boozy and can give me a headache so I wind up spraying it in the air rather than on me; Chanel Jersey is just not Boy or Jicky, both of which I much prefer; and Made in Heaven by A Lab on Fire, which I thought was going to be the first gourmand I stayed in love with–it might have been, but I am falling out of love, I think.
3. Fantasy spring break is Japan for hanami–cherry blossoms!
I’m in Made in Heaven. It’s okay.
Wouldn’t it be lovely to see the cherry blossoms in Japan? I’d be happy to see them in DC if the dang crowds would just go away.
Commando today since Adorable Hubby brought the plague back with him from a robotics conference and now we are both taking Paxlovid and wearing masks to keep from reinfecting one another. Nasty cough, total exhaustion, headache that does’t stop. This is no joke. Wear your masks. Ugh. A beautiful cold spring day outside. SIL brought nice soup. She’s a gem.
Stay safe and well, everyone.
Oh, no! Feel better soon!
Yuck! Hang in there.
Hope you feel better soon!
I’m at the back-end of a nasty summer flu bout,also had to test for THAT illness!
Oh my! Get well wishes
Such bad luck, hope the meds will do their work.
I hope you’re both feeling better soon.
Eeeek! Sounds like you’re on the mend so that’s good. Last weekend was when I went maskless at the grocery store. Still masking on mass transit and the early part of my walk to the office and reverse.
Drat, so sorry!! Paxlovid worked a charm for my husband, hope it does for you too.
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Get well wishes to you and your husband!
Boo hiss for a bout with COVID! Hope that the Paxlovid works as well for you and your Hubby as well as it did for my friends.
Thanks for all the well wishes. Hubby is feeling quite a bit better tonight, I now have killer sore throat, but am feeling more alert than earlier. Sorry I don’t have energy for individual responses! Happy to say I can smell things… once again kids, mask up, wash your hands a lot and avoid throngs of nerdy teenagers with robots!
I hope you feel better soon!
I’m sorry to hear you’re sick! I hope the soup and medicine work quickly.
I am going on my fantasy trip in a little over three weeks! I’m going to Egypt, I have wanted to go there as long as I can remember and, given that I’m 60 this year, that’s quite a while. I’m then going to Paris for a week, then five days in Athens. I’ll be away for a month, which is the longest break I’ve had from work since 1988 and longest I’ve been away from my beloved ever. I’ll only believe it’s happening when I actually get to Cairo.
I might take a couple of dabber vials of favourites to last until I can shop, maybe an incense like Ouarzazate
Top of my list to buy in Paris in SL’s Mandarine Mandarin. I don’t have a big list of definite purchases, but a whole lot that I want to try and I expect plenty to confess to Donatella in the second quarter damage poll.
As usual, I can’t think of anything I’d want to vote off the island. There are plenty of perfumes that I don’t wear very often, but I still want to have them.
So exciting. I am literally bouncing in my seat. Please log onto NST occasionally and share some of your scented or not adventures.
I have a friend who is in Egypt right now on vacation, our planes passed each other in the sky as I was coming back from Morocco she was headed to Egypt. I can’t wait for her to report back and your trip sounds amazing 🤩
Wow! What an amazing trip you are taking. Enjoy and tell us about your adventures.
So happy for you and can’t wait to hear about it!
What a wonderful trip! Congratulations on making it happen! Yes, I’d love to read updates from you while you are traveling.
So delighted you are going to Egypt!!! It’s where I’m from. You are going to have an amazing time. Cant wait to hear all about it on this forum.
Check out a natural cosmetic and fragrance chain called Nefetari. You will find it everywhere and the soaps make nice gifts
That sounds like an amazing trip. I’m so excited for you!
How cool! That sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime jaunt.
Aqualis Namaqualand.I guess it’s supposed to evoke the smells of the acres and acres of spring blooms each year in the Namaqualand desert(it’s a thing in South Africa,you can even book a weeklong “blommetoer”-bloom tour.Fun powdery floral.
1.)Most likely Autumn purchase:I’m missing Nuxe Le Parfum.I went through 2 fb’s and my wearing of Caudalie’s Parfum Divin reminded me of how much I like it.
2.)Off the island….hmmm…there are definitely a couple of blind buys that I really do not care for,Dali Aqua Verde and Maroussia first comes to mind.
3.)Fantasy Autumn break:well seeing we have this weird thing where it’s summer temps basically right through autumn and then one fine May morning it’s all of a sudden winter,I dunno!I am however planning something big for next year during the height of our Winter(June/July).Paris is definitely part of the itinerary.
I love the idea of a bloom tour.
I’m ashamed to say I’ve never seen the Namaqualand blooms in person myself!It’s on the bucket list.
J B, have you seen the new pistachio Kayali? It looks pretty tempting.
I have not!Thanks!I shall investigate asap!✌🏻🌹🤗🌞
I haven’t tried the Nuxe perfume, but I prefer the scent of the oil over Caudalie’s Divine oil. But just thinking of them makes me ache for summer. Californians have suffered with too little water for so long, it feels downright churlish to be tired of it now (excluding anyone who has genuinely suffered from floods, mudslides, and power outages!) But I’m ready for warmer days and the scent of oil on my skin. 🌞🌞🌞
We also had a weirdly wet summer this season,and strangely enough I am looking forward to cooler weather this year(only because my winter wardrobe had some spectacular recent additions!Haha!)
Hope Summer is around the corner for you!🌞🌞🤗🌹✌🏻
Sotd Yves Rocher Iris Noir this morning and Bois des Iles EDP tonight.
A poll, fun:
1. Maybe Le Lion although I haven’t sampled it even
2. EL Youth Dew Amber Nude which gives me shudders now
3. Venice is my dream destination and 4. I would take my K de Krizia
I think you will like Le Lion.
I loved it!
Thank you Lillyjo, good to know.
I feel like I had a small bottle or maybe it was a decant of the YDAN at one time, inspired to buy it by? Maybe the Guide? Can’t remember now. I was sure I would fall in love with it once I was smarter about perfumes . . . Alas, nope.
That makes two of us not enamoured of Amber Nude, it has become too much for me.
And here I am, considering myself lucky I have a small decant of YDAN.
Oh but I loved it once too, keep enjoying it.
CP catch up – I was time traveling in vintage Miss Dior. It always takes me back to childhood and the smell of my mother along with the clicking sound her high heels made when she dressed up to go out.
Puttering around the house today but mostly resting after a long work week. We’re taking my BIL’s parents out to dinner tonight (our Christmas gift to them). We feel so fortunate that my sister chose such a wonderful person to marry and that his parents are incredible too. Bonus family!
Most likely spring purchase: Looking forward to sniffing Fzotic Poof
Voting off island: Neela Vermeire Pichola, Diptyque Vetyverio and L’Artisan Timbuktu among others – stay tuned for the swapmeet!
Fantasy spring vacation: I actually enjoy being home in Seattle during the spring but I’m looking very much forward to a UK/France trip in June.
Forgot to add that I’m following in Gaynor’s footsteps and planning to do some Donatella Damage at SL, etcetera, etcetera.
We are CP catching up twins today!
I’m in Casmir. I never did put on any perfume yesterday. Didn’t feel right, for whatever reason.
Having trip envy for your travels in June. What fun!!
I hate daylight savings.😠 At least I don’t have to work at 7 am tomorrow like the old days.
1. Well, I have the new Hermes winging itself to me right now. Beside that, I’d take a bottle of Love & Crime. Or Carnal Flower.
2. None. I recently organized my perfumes by samples, decants and bottles. I only have 20 bottles. Pathetic, I know. Donatella would not approve. But, I’ve really been working on curating a collection of true loves and not trying to acquire just for the sake of acquiring. I’d like the final tally to be somewhere between 30 and…50?
If I had to vote anything off the island it would be my decant of OJ Woman. I mentioned recently that base just doesn’t do it for me anymore. Maybe the swapmeet.
3. The gulf coast of Florida. I’ve been watching flights and it’s kind of like watching mortgage rates and waiting for the perfect time. I just need to get the tickets already. My mom is driving me crazy- she is worse than a little kid! Literally texting or emailing me flight prices on the daily. I get that she’s excited for us to come but good grief.
I will take along my travel spray of Tom Ford Eau de Soleil, which will be perfect and it is after all a *travel* spray.😉
I go back and forth between trying to have a curated collection and just wanting all the perfume!
More IS more 😁
I am usually totally fine, and even sometimes sort of look forward to the clocks changing. Not today. Stupidly, I stayed up reading way too late and suddenly it was close to 10 AM. Weird and annoying.
This year’s clock change was BRUTAL for me! Wonder how many days it will take before I feel at home in my time zone again?
SOTD Serge Lutens 5 O’clock Au Gingembre.
My mother is back home after several weeks in the hospital. Unfortunately, she is not doing better. Her doctors are already recommending to start thinking about hospice care. It is a very tough decision that has to be made very soon. We are fervently praying for strength and guidance.
1. I would love to add Chanel Bel Respiro to my spring collection.
2. I have many perfumes to vote off the island. One of them is Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée. For some weird reason I suddenly stopped loving it and I can’t wear it anymore.
3. My fantasy vacation right now would be to stay home for many weeks sleeping and resting. However, I would love to spend some time in Italy with family members. I would bring with me 10 Corso Como.
That reminds me of the episode of Fantasy Island where one visitor is shown a place where she can sleep and sleep and yet not lose any time.
Yes! That is the perfect Fantasy place that I NEED in my life! 😀
You have the strength to deal with what is coming down the pike. I’ve seen it in your previous posts about your Mom. Just remember that there are no “right” decisions, just ones that are the best for the information you have at the time.
Thank your kind words, Jalapeno!
I live and live with myself with the counsel of that exact advice. 💚
You smell great.
So sorry about the decision you’re facing about hospice care for your mom. You have a choice as to which hospice to use. Both of my parents had hospice care. Aide availability is scarce – it was 1 hour per day if I recall. Depending upon how much care she needs, you may need to do private-pay nursing or if she qualifies, she can stay in a hospice facility which I believe is covered by Medicare.
Thank you for the information, Hajusuuri. It is very helpful now that we need to start navigathe whole hospice process.
Praying for strength for you.
Thank you, Lillyjo!
I’m thinking of you
Thank you, Yasmina!
So sorry to hear about your mother. My mom was in hospice for a few months before she died. They were wonderful to her and I was so glad she could benefit from the service. Being a nurse I was comfortable about the decision, but still didn’t like knowing her life was ending soon. Hugs and prayers go out to you🙏🏻
Thank you, Kris. We hope that the transition for mom to hospice is as smooth as possible for her, no matter how sad it is for us.
I am sending the biggest hugs to you and your family. We dealt with this decision/ transition for both of my husband’s parents, and it is so hard. I have no real advice, just a hope that you can find some comfort and a little time to care for yourself during this journey.
Thank you, Sistine! As you said it is a very hard decision to make. I hope we can all be in peace when that time arrives.
More weight to carry. I am so sorry. I hope you can find lots of mini-joy breaks in all that is coming down the pike. I hope this for your mum as well! 🌻
Thank you, Okland Fresca! 🌻
I’m sad you want to vote off the Atelier Vanille!It’s a favorite vanilla of mine!
Sending strength and loads of hugs to you!🤗🤗🌹❣️
Thank you, J B!
Vanille Insensee is a nice scent, it just stopped working from me. But….I am glad my small bottle found a new, lovely home today!
Sorry to hear your mom is continuing to decline. It’s agonizing to watch, I know. I’ll add my two cents and suggest you evaluate the services the hospice in your moms area can provide so you are making an informed decision. Hospice offers many things besides hands on care for your mom. They can provide equipment, grief counseling, spiritual care, medication, etc. I will reinforce what hajusuuri mentioned- The hands on care will be minimal for many reasons, unless she can be admitted to a hospice facility and then she will have around the clock care and support. Sadly, no one wants to do bedside care-either as a nurses aide or as a nurse anymore. It’s a tough job and the pay is terrible. Also, going into homes as a home health aide or home care nurse is one of the most dangerous jobs in healthcare. I tried it once, had a horrible experience, and quit the same day. I hope you are able to get the help you need, not just for your mom, but support for YOU through this gut wrenching time. Lots of love coming you way from all the NSTers! ❤️
Thanks a lot for all the information, Deva! It is going to help us greatly, since this is the first time we are facing the hospice process.
I don’t have any advice but just wanted to say I’m sending you lots of strength and hugs! I hope you can manage to find some moments of peace and rest in the upcoming weeks. Good luck with all the decisions.
Thank you, Tulipani! 🌻
Thinking of you and sending you strength for the next little while. We went through it with my grandfather and it was not easy, but full-time hospice care was more compassionate than the hospital.
Thank you, Ockeghem. The hospital environment has already become very overwhelming for my mother. We hope hospice care can bring her more comfort and peace.
I second hajusuuri’s remark that you may have a choice of hospice services. Think about what your dear Mother would want, and see how the hospice responds. I said a prayer for you, and here’s a hug.
Thank you, MossyBerry! Hoping to make the right decision for mom.
I’m so sorry to hear about your mom’s situation. My Mom ended up in hospice towards the end of her life. It was a difficult choice but she ended up getting very good care, just when she needed it most.
Sending you some more hugs, m!
Thank you, Gail. It is good to hear about the experience some of you have had with hospice care for your dear ones.
1. Perhaps a mimosa or a violet perfume. No definite names, although I do have a sample of the latest Hermes to try out , so we’ll see.
2. Sigh, probably Antonia by Puredistance. I debated for ages to buying it, and saved up for it, but it’s turning out to be Too Much.
3. In utter fantasy, it would be off to Capri. Since we’re not bothering with pesky reality I would of course be in a personal jet then yacht, with a few friends, and we can bring all the perfumes we like.
I have been thinking about a mimosa scent myself.
Capri is still on my bucket list, despite trying twice to get there the last time we were in Italy. First we tried to get there from the Amalfi Coast, where we were staying, but the road was inexplicably closed and we couldn’t get through to the ferry. Then we drove around to get to Sorrento from the north another day, and got caught in crazy traffic and missed the ferry. Sigh…someday.
Hi! I’m new around here. : D Actually been lurking for a while but wanted to participate in this fun game. ..
1. Lusting for Diptyque’s Do Son this spring. Preferably the EDT that has a certain fresh green note the EDP doesn’t- for me anyway.
2. Off the island: Malle’s POAl. My husband gifted me a big giant bottle and I love it for certain very special occasions – not fancy dinner! Would scare off the next table – but I would NEVER come close to using it up. Seemed like a waste so I re-homed it.
3. Fantasy trip? Ah, Gaynor, you are going on my dream trip: Egypt. Fascinated since a little kid. Scent: Astier de Villatte’s new Le Dieu Bleu, supposedly a “revival” of an ancient scent used in Egyptian rituals.
Anyway, nice to finally chime in here.
Welcome! And isn’t it interesting that Diptyque’s EDTs are so often very different than the EDP version of the same scent? I found that with Tam Dao — love the EDT, and don’t care for the EDP at all.
Thanks for the welcome!
It’s good you’ve figured out which iteration of Do Son you like, I find the Diptyques can be confusing that way!
Thanks for saying hi. Weird about the Diptyques, right?! Glad I’m not the only one.
Hiya BalletBetz and Welcome! I was a long term lurker before I started commenting.
Welcome! I also prefer Do Son EDT.
Welcome! I am another former, long-time, lurker.
1. I would love to add Rose Cherie.
2. Black Opium
3. I usually just want to stay home but I am so sick of winter I will go anywhere warm, but not tropical. I would bring TF Eau de Soliel Blanc. I have really grown to love this perfume and should just get a full bottle instead of messing around trying to find something better.
My sotd is Angel Muse.
I would love Rose Cherie too though I wish it wasn’t quite so expensive.
After a triple-digit snowfall season, I would be sick of Old Man Winter too!
Girl. You need to come to the Hill Country in central Texas. It’s dry and warm there. We can look at bluebonnets, eat Tex-Mex, buy stuff we don’t need and tour the wineries. Then meet calypso at the galleria in Houston and smell stuff til our noses fall off. 👍🏻
Wore Twilly today. Drove down to the city to catch a movie, have lunch and hit Costco. Snow expected tomorrow, so we decided not to wait. Got home and showered, using my husband’s Old Spice lavender-scented body wash. Quite nice. Added a few spritzes of Burberry Rhythm. I may check out the OS lavender mint body wash. Am also curious about the coffee amber scent….could be weird.
I’m kind of wanting YSL Cinema EdT. That or LADDM. But will likely not get either anytime soon.
I have a few that could be voted away…I really should offer them up.
My Spring fantasy would be Amsterdam to see the Vermeer exhibit and then toddle around there and Brussels. Think I’d bring California Reverie.
Those Old Spice body wash ads are entertaining~
Bet it coordinated well with Burberry Rhythm.
Wore Lune Feline today for a nice night out.
I would love to visit Peru or Argentina. Hopefully some day
You smell wonderful. I will use up my travel spray and then…only Donatella knows.
1) I am currently in Florence Italy for 3 months. I’ll be adding a bottle of something from here but I’m still sniffing. AquaFlor shop is probably going to get my money, they have several in the running.
2) I’m voting off Brioche which was a mistake buy. I really liked the sample so sprung for a FB. Something is off, first smell is still great, but the drydown is a big no. It may go to the swap meet.
3) see #1!! How can I wish for better than that?
Wow! I am super excited for you. Florence for three months sounds amazing.
Wow. What a memorable and wonderful 3 months!
Have a great time!
Happy for you – Florence!!!!!
Please have a gelato for me Kelly Red!
1) I’ve been craving bubblegum jasmine/ tuberose lately, so if I were to add a scent it would fit that profile. Maybe Heeley’s Jasmine OD (formerly Bubblegum Chic)? I loved the sample, although it’s been several years since I last smelled it.
2) Off the island – samples. I’m not sure why but they’ve started to actively annoy me. My 2023 project is to empty the box that holds my samples and then recycle it so I never start mindlessly accumulating them again.
3) Fantasy vacation – I’d love to go to Santa Fe. I would take Smudge by Heretic. I’m going to Oregon this summer for real, so that’s something to look forward to! Not sure if I’ll take perfume for beach life.
The samples can be overwhelming, I know what you mean.
1. I’d love to add Kayali Invite Only to my collection, but doubt amber is spring-frindly.
2. Ooooh, I guess the perfumes I don’t wear that often are mostly likely to get voted off the island, so — none? 😁
3. (In my dreams), I’m flying to Paris this spring with a sizeable of L’Envol EdT. Lemony honey with a touch of artemisia and patchouli spell Paris in spring to me.
That was “sizeable decant”.
Haha!I like your answer on #2!👏🏻👏🏻
*waves to Dusan!*
Happy to join you in Paris, Dusan. I’ll pick a Cartier to match…Eau de Cartier Zeste de Soleil, not very Parisian but I can’t pass for Parisian anyway. You can pretend you don’t know me
Make that two unparisian-looking people, smelling gorgeous nonetheless. And hey, I’d love to grab a coffee/tea with you a get to meet you after this long! 😊
1. Just added Fragonard Narcisse to the flotilla. Pretty bottle, pretty price, pretty scent. More citrus than narcissus, but eminently wearable nonetheless.
2. Voting off? Well there’s a box in my closet holding various castaways. Gotta do something about actually getting rid of them. The most recent addition there was VCA Reve de Cashmere. It doesn’t list almond as a note, but it smells like almond to me, and that’s not a favorite note.
3. Spring break! We’ve rescheduled our Hawaii trip to next month, after getting snowed in here a few weeks ago and being forced to cancel the Hawaii trip we’d booked Hoping this time it actually happens.
Pixel, email me at schallauATaolDOTcom
I have a proposal for you.
I have plenty to answer for when Donnatella comes around again. After my shower, I will be in Lyric. Just have to get through vacuuming first.
Good luck with the vacuuming,that was me earlier,and boy it was a struggle in todays’ heat!Haha!🙌🏻🙌🏻
3. Starting here, for no particular reason, except last thing read is at the top of the mental stack. I’ve been wanting to go to Hawaii ever since the pandemic restrictions lifted, but that hasn’t happened yet. This isn’t to say we haven’t traveled, but that’s the trip that occupies my fantasies if I choose to indulge them. However, I will say that Kelly Red’s 3 months in Florence also sounds wildly appealing!
2. Off the island. Hm. I just hate to admit that it is probably l’Eau d’Hiver. Bought it years ago, and it was an early-days mistake. Not that it isn’t beautiful, but I never, ever reach for it.
1. Add to the collection? That’s a hard one, in that I get a little fixated on a note or set of notes, ponder it hard, shop it some, and then move on. I get completely distracted, so I’ve been sticking to travel sizes when I can find them. Enduring interests include greens, citruses, florals, and beachy. I think right now, the choice would be Tom Ford Eau de Soleil in a travel size.
TV: Thanks to the folks who mentioned Ted Lasso last weekend! It took me way too long to check that out, but I’m so glad you all brought it to my attention!
Crafting: So, I have a little crafting problem – I mean, set of hobbies. I’ve scaled it down over the last few years, because the last hobby I took up resulted in a lot of shopping and accumulating, and next to no actual implementation. I took that experience to heart, and haven’t taken up anything new in a very long time. I’m a fiber-craft person at heart, and still stitch, but needle-felting has grabbed my attention. I have no particular reason to share this, except it’s what’s been on my mind lately. It’s good to try something new, right?
I joked with a friend that buying yarn for knitting or crocheting is a separate hobby than the actual knitting/crocheting….
Oh, I’m transfixed by needle felting! I could never do it, but I’ve seen some videos and it’s amazing. I’m trying to get back into peyote stitching which I haven’t done since I hit the road in 2017. The biggest problem is a magnification lamp which are big and cumbersome, and use a LOT of electricity. Not feasible right now but LED magnification headlamps are getting very advanced! Would you sell the final needle felted product? Or is it something you do for yourself?
Well, honestly, I hadn’t gotten to the question of what happens to the output…I do admire the folks who are organized enough to market their work.
I hear you on the problem of magnification and lighting. I have gadgets for both that hang off me, but would love to spring for a nice, floor-standing setup that is less cumbersome.
I’m pretty content with my collection and not feeling a real need to either obtain or get rid of anything.
Vacationwise, I’d love to go to Bali and I’d bring Chantecaille Le Wild but experience has shown me that the more likely I am to need sunscreen, the less likely I am to wear perfume.
I just got my first car yesterday at age 54. I am still a little baffled and amused at this. It’s a 2010 Lexus and Ihadn’t really considered that I’d end up with a luxury SUV. Will have to have some lessons in it because it’s s lot bigger than the little Kia that my instructor has and I’m not great with parallel parking
Congratulations on your first car!
You have saved thousands and thousands by waiting until now.
You go girl! Don’t be intimidated if you have to try more than twice to parallel park! It will happen for you, but I admit I hate to do it.
I can’t parallel park worth a bleep, and I have been driving since I was 14. The suburbs make it easy to avoid that task.
In AG Heure Exquise and feeling fancy. This came to me from a generous NSTer swapper.
You smell wonderful! I also discovered Heure Exquise through a wonderful freebie giveaway here.
Another day, Another winter weather advisory… working tonight and wearing TF Black Orchid.
Sorry about the weather lillyjo, you smell wonderful.
I would happily trade your winter weather for the rain that’s coming back here!
Neither of us is lacking for precipitation that’s for sure!
Not in the least!
Count me in the crowd of people wishing for an end to the @#$%& clock touching! Hate it!
Onto the poll, after that little rant.
1. Not Jonesing for anything at present. I am enjoying that sensation while it lasts!
2. Off the Island? Either Escada Rockin’ Rio, or Peace, Love and Juicy Couture. I liked both when I got them, but they are WAY too sweet for me now.
3. Fantasy vacation? I’ve wanted to go to Hawaii since I was 6 years old. I’d bring plenty of sunscreen in lieu of perfume.
SOTD = back in Chopard Casmir.
LOL your number 3. I also love the oceans and a beach, but recoil at lots of sun exposure.
I’m too old and too pale to gracefully deal with sunburn now! Better if I can prevent it in the first place.
I started off the day in Iris de Gris, since I felt really in the mood for all things green and Spring. But then it started pouring rain, so I spritzed on Calligraphy Rose. Two very different scents.
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on Iris de Gris and will have it up on the split meet, that’s the plan anyways! I’m still waffling on a bottle of Chypre Palatin, that’s been on my wishlist for ages and I’m sure I’ve mentioned it in the last few polls! I just can’t decide.
I have many items to vote off the island. Quite a few travel sprays that just didn’t work out for me. My dream is to have a big travel spray swap with someone, that would be fun! I’d also vote off Bvlgari Au The Noir. I love all the other fragrances in the tea series so I blind bought this one, and while I like it, I just never reach for it.
No specific fantasy trip immediately comes to mind. I just want something super relaxing, like a coastal cottage getaway.
Coastal cottage getaway sounds perfect to me! Anything other than the dreary grey outside my window while I did taxes all weekend.
1. I’ve added it: I think! Ecin de Fumee, but it has not shipped yet after over a week. I will call SL customer service tomorrow.
2. First thought: LPRN So Frency edp Intense. I admire the three-bottle collection and quite like the edp and edt, but this one is not me. There are, a-hem, several others that I need to take a look at.
3. London! I will take a decant of Says Alice, hajusuuri-level spray myself upon arrival, get on the tube, and head to 4160 Tuesday HQ. Will they unearth a bottle of Clouds? Maybe – this is a fantasy, right?
Also, I am now a great aunt. Over the moon with happiness upon the arrival of my dear sister’s first grandchild. All are well and sending virtual hugs to all the other NST’ers who share the Auntie and Great Auntie joy.
Big congratulations for your Great Aunt status!
More congrats, that’s lovely!
Wearing Burberry Brit Rhythm again. Enjoying its powdery lavender.
Spent most of the day on the couch, watching the snow fall, while my husband watched golf. The deer stopped by for a visit and a stare in our windows, hoping for food. Sorry, guys, kitchen’s closed today. But the kitty has been quite cuddly.
You smell great LizzieB!
A deer peering in my window would freak me out! Here they do not usually come that close to the house.