Our fifteenth annual holiday gift poll. Here are the three questions:
What is the fragrance-related gift you’d most like to receive this year?
Let’s say you were going to ask for just one unsniffed fragrance this year, what would it be?
Are you giving any fragrance items for gifts this year, and if so, what?
As usual, I am terribly behind...I am going to add my answers on Sunday!
Note: top image is December 2016 [cropped] by Carodean Road Designs at flickr; some rights reserved.
#1: I think I’d better say Lyric, because I’m pretty sure there’s a bottle of it waiting down in the States after I alerted my spouse to a Luckyscent sale on it earlier this year.
#2: I think Hajusuuri mentioned Angel’s Share recently. I’m intrigued by that one, and the travel spray is affordable, so I think maybe that? Or Golestan, which at this moment is unsniffed, but I should be able to remedy that later today when I head down to the mail place just over the border.
#3: Other than Santa Maria Novella rosewater, which I know my sister loves, probably not. No one else in the family really has the fragrance bug.
1. I would love Dusita Splendiris, but no one gives me fragrance-related gifts so it’s not going to happen.
2. FM POAL.
3. Yes, my nail tech, that I have had for 30 years loves it when I wear Chanel No 5 L’eau so she will be getting that this year. My hair stylist loves Knowing, but I gave her that a few different years so decided I would do something non-fragrance-related this year.
SOTD is She Was an Anomaly.
Splendiris is on sale for $118.86 at Fragrancebuy.ca if you’re in a mood.
OMG thanks so much. Enabler pin for you!!!
I think I will have to call them because when I put my information in they charge me 159.00 which is the Canadian conversion.
It always displays in Canadian dollars on the checkout page and your card will be charged in Canadian dollars, but when it shows up on my US card, the amount always comes out very very close to what they display as the US dollar price.
Oh, great. Thanks so much! Ordered!
I’ll post my poll answers in a bit, but firstly, important Black Friday information:
SSENSE has a lot of fragrances on sale + free shipping over $100, including stuff from Frederic Malle, MFK, Aesop, Byredo, Diptyque.
I took this opportunity to stock up on body goods from Aesop since they almost never have discounts.
pfsh- I read the Reddit you posted the other day and I am intrigued. I’m not providing an opinion on cultural differences in smells but rather just mention that the smell I absolutely cannot stand (food wise) is “chickeny”. Several people mentioned it for what I believe is food-safe chicken whether fresh or frozen and this is why I have not bought raw chicken to cook.
Ohh I’m so glad you got to it!
Re: chicken, so interesting! Does it smell fine after it is cooked? To my nose, fresh raw chicken to me has a mild, slightly sweet raw meat scent, the pungent chicken-y smell comes out when the meat is old.
As long as I don’t touch or cook raw chicken, it’s fine.
How about other poultry like turkey or duck?
Welp. You sent me down a rather long and expensive rabbit hole. Hours later I have emerged from SSENSE significantly poorer, if a little better stocked in stuff and few less presents to buy on my shopping list!
HAHAHAHAH that was me late last night when I discovered the sale 😂😂 I hope you got some good stuff!!
Just when I thought it was safe …
I was in the mood for something a little different this morning, so I chose OJ Champaca. It’s gorgeous, but has my senses a bit off-kilter somehow. Not that that’s bad, necessarily.
My poll answers:
Most like to receive: oh, difficult. I’m pretty happy with the current line-up at the moment — there are a few things on my semi-permanent wish-list and the top item changes often, but if I had to make a snap decision right this second it would be 10 Corso Como.
Unsniffed: Chanel Paris-Venise. I’m intrigued by its note list. (I almost said Ariana Grande Clouds, after Deva mentioned it late yesterday. It probably wouldn’t be magical on me either. 😆)
Gift-giving: Yes! Candles mostly, and one reed diffuser for my mom in her favorite room scent.
I dunno, I guess I’m just getting really jaded, or maybe I finally decided that I really do have enough scents for a lifetime, but there’s nothing I’m in the market for.
I’m wearing 1991-vintage Boucheron Pour Homme EDP, a luxurious chypre, because somedays you just need a big hit of oakmoss. You’d never mistake it for anything on the shelves these days, that’s for sure.
1) a bottle of Guerlain Cuir Beluga please. I’ve been “pretty” good.
2) I don’t do unsniffed, I’ve been burned on too many frags, there’s just something about my skin Ph. BUT if it’s all fantasy I’d like to try a few by House of Oud. There’s one with almond that sounds yummy.
3) no one I know is into perfume, but I plan on giving several friends and my SIL scented candles.
1) I would ask for The Smell of Weather Turning from Lush. Or else Marfa from Memo.
2) Unsniffed? Probably Golestan.
3) My best friend will be getting a (still to be determined) travel spray as part of her gift. Otherwise, no scented presents.
My SOTD is Breath of God by Lush. I just noticed that they now have individual travel sprays for some of their scents if anyone is interested.
‘The Smell of Weather Turning’ is such a great name for a perfume. I’m tempted to stop into my Lush to see if they have it to sniff, but I just hate going into that store. Ours is the size of a walk in closet and I always feel ambushed by the staff. Too bad I don’t own a cloak of invisibility.😅
I’d love some Marfa too!
I just bought a bottle last week so I am set for now. There’s nothing I’m wanting to buy unsniffed, either, those purchases don’t work out most of the time. No one is getting scented gifts either, I did that in years past and now I just give fancy food, wine, or money.
I’m wearing Musc Tonkin today and doing laundry.
I’ve got quite a few on my list of future purchases, so maybe Santa could bring me Zoologist Camel.
I’ve recklessly purchased two FBs unsniffed, (Chaldée and Scherrer) and both worked out, but I might be pushing my luck on a third. If I did, it might be another of the Jean Patou Heritage collection, because Chaldée was successful.
I won’t likely give perfume for any actual gifts, but I’m keeping my mother’s cousin supplied with Bois des Iles, so I’ll refill her travel spray when we visit her over Christmas.
I really like both of your blind buys; another one of the Jean Patou Heritage Collection that I really like is L’Heure Attendue. Vacances is very nice too.
1. I would like to receive either a travel size of Tom Ford Lost Cherry or a full bottle of Calvin Klein Truth. Of course, it will not happen since family and friends don’t gift me any perfumes.
2. Lush Turmeric Latte.
3. I am giving scented candles, scented bar soaps and shower gels and scented body lotions.
Do they still make Calvin Klein Truth, or has it been discontinued? I’ve never tried that one.
CK Truth is a wonderful green-ish scent without any of the nasty stabby notes that some current green perfumes have. I definitely get bamboo when I smell mine.
I don’t see it in brick & mortar stores anymore, but it still can be found at the online perfume discounters.
It hasn’t been discontinued, but it is easily found online. As Jalapeno said, it is a gorgeous green scent. I also get bamboo and grass. A cheap thrill that nobody talks about, but I adore it!
1. Probably a bottle of the original Glossier You. I should have gotten a bottle, because it’s already been reformulated and is not nearly as good as it was when it came out.
2. I’m with Kelly Red and I don’t do unsniffed. With that being said, this is a gift right? In that case, I’m really interested in trying Ex Idolo’s Love & Crime, or Marissa Zappas’ Annabel’s Birthday Cake.
3. Probably not. My mom gets my girls bath and bodywork’s, so they are covered. Last year I got my MIL no. 5 shower gel and lotion, which she really liked, but it seems wrong to do the same gift 2 years in a row. Maybe something else no.5 related, that’s her everyday perfume.
SotD is Vanille Insensee. It is unseasonably warm here today, 53 and sunny! We went to the tree farm to get our tree. I was supposed to be heading to Milwaukee tonight with tickets to see Morrissey, but he cancelled.☹️ He has a terrible reputation for canceling shows so I was not surprised, but still bummed out. I was gonna take my college girl as my date, I have schooled her well in 80’s tunes.😉 Luckily I was able to change my hotel reservation to tomorrow night in a different city. I’ll take my daughter back to college and spend the night because I took Monday off to enjoy a nice long weekend.
Sorry about the concert getting canceled.
Thanks lillyjo. I got an email from the venue telling me to “hold onto” my tickets (they are e-tickets) because the concert will be rescheduled. I won’t hold my breath, this happened to me right before the pandemic. Either way, I got ticket insurance so at least I won’t be out any money.
I’m sorry your show and evening out with your girl got cancelled, but what a nifty way to go with flow and change up your reservation, take a day off, etc! Oh, and you smell wonderful! I got to know VI from a kind NST’ers in a freebie meet. I don’t know what’s happening at Atelier post-L’Oreal, but one day I noticed I have and enjoy quite a few of their colognes!
That’s a shame about your concert getting canceled but you are right about Morrisey’s rep. He is infamous for that.
1. I didn’t really have anything on my wishlist right now but I’ve been put on ‘wait at our condo for our new dryer duty while we go golfing” duty today. It’s been 4 hours now, apparently it’s coming “soon”. In the meanwhile I’ve found a very expensive bottle of Guerlain Gourmand Coquin which seems about the right price for my waiting around..lol. I’ll run it by my brother in law as he owes me, right?
2. Unsniffed can be dangerous. But I also found an overpriced bottle of MVP that he can buy me instead of #1.
1) I think that’s a very reasonable payment lol! Add up the cost of a 18 holes of golf, the inevitable rounds of beers and/ or lunch, PLUS the wait around boredom tax and BIL owes you big time.
Thanks you the support! I did send him the link.. 😄
Oh he owes you!
Doesn’t he! He also had to “borrow” a pair of swimming board shorts, so my hubby had to lend him a pair. And it’s one of his good ones. Not sure what my bil was thinking when he was packing (besides golf)!
When did the dryer show up? Inquiring minds want to know!
It was delivered today (Sunday, at 6 pm). I was told that they “attempted delivery” yesterday around noon. I can say with certainty that it did not happen. I was at the condo, and had the back patio doors open so I could see and hear if a delivery truck was coming down the road.
They may have come through the security gate, but they definitely didn’t show up at the building. Our building is at the far end of the resort, a bit out of the way so I think they went to a wrong building, if they actually showed up at all.
Hiya NST! I *did* make it to Friendsgiving yesterday! I didn’t get back until after 10pm last night. The cats were wondering why their dinner was delayed, but glad to see me anyway.
To the Poll!
#1. Not Jonesing for any perfume related gifts this year. I kind of went hog wild with perfume purchases earlier on.
#2. Unsniffed? I haven’t the foggiest notion. Lately my unsniffed perfume success rate has plummented.
#3. Perfume gifts? Not for Xmas. But I have already gifted some perfumes to my non-perfumista friends, which makes me very happy! Those perfumes are now being worn and enjoyed instead of collecting dust.
SOTD = Box of Eels EdT, from the Sample Stash.
I’m glad you were able to make it!
I’m also glad you got to your Friendsgiving!
Thank you Gail!
So happy for you that you were able to celebrate after all.
1. I would like to receive Hermes Violet Volynka but i don’t think it will happen so probably i will gift it to myself.
2. Lush Turmeric Latte
3. I am thinking of gifting Francis Kurkdjian candles, Anoush and some of the Holiday ones.
1. I would like MDCI Nuit Andalouse. But I’ll have to be my own Santa on this!
2. Zoologist Cardinal.
3. I give several friends scented soaps. The guys are getting some Penhaligon probably Blenheim Bouquet, and not decided yet about my female friend. Perhaps a shower gel.
Today I’m once again in my new love, Ravissante. I’m guilty of going to a Black Friday sale at a local jewelry shop and splurged on a little emerald bauble. It is Small Business Saturday, right?
1. What is the fragrance-related gift you’d most like to receive this year?
– The ones I already bought for my husband to give me!
Let’s say you were going to ask for just one unsniffed fragrance this year, what would it be?
– Andy Tauer’s Golestan
Are you giving any fragrance items for gifts this year, and if so, what?
– Probably not, as my family members are well-supplied with fragrance from me already. But if any of them hint that they’d like more, I will spring into action!
Love the photo header! Creepy and cute at the same time! 😬
I’m wearing La Couche du Diable again. I think my decant will last me a good long while so no need for adding to the fantasy Full Bottle Lust List. The lasting power is not spectacular, which is unusual for me.
In 2023, this is how I’m planning on handling life’s curve balls, disappointments, and having the rug pulled out from under me. Can you feel that vibe? 😂
As for the poll, I’ll be buying no perfumes, gifting no perfumes, but continually adding to the wish list in my head. The good thing about that is the older I get, the less I remember. So as I add, so too do I subtract by forgetting what I added. The list stays numerically stable, amazingly. 😜
That video is awesome, Deva. 😂
LOVED that video! Where was it last year when I needed it?
1. I’d love to somehow get a bottle of Safran Troublant in the old style bottle. This is definitely one of the ones that got away.
2. Providence Perfume Company Lapsang Lover. According to Fragrantica, it’s not smoky, so it might work for me.
3. No one I know well is really into perfume, but I might get the Mon Guerlain shower gel for my hairdresser this year.
I’m in a bunch of sprays of Blood Oranges today. The weather was nasty in the morning, but it all cleared out in the early afternoon, so Blood Oranges was perfect. ❤️🍊
SOTD = Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere and Costes EDT
Not layered: the Chanel was pre-haircut and the Costes was post haircut…both great!
1. & 2. I have been supporting businesses all week so no, there’s nothing on my wishlist, either sniffed or unsniffed
3. No plans to give scented anything. I will be doing gift cards and / or wine
Once again, Whole Foods disappointed me. I usually look for soups because they can easily make a good meal; however, the full price is usually too expensive so I only buy the ones on sale. Today, I was gobsmacked that there were 3 on sale and I ended up getting the Matzo Ball soup and the Mushroom Barley. Wouldn’t you know it, I was charged full price! Customer Service said they were no longer on sale but they will honor the sale price. I pretty much said they have no choice as they can only charge me the posted price). On top of that, when I asked about the Prime discount, she said but they’re not supposed to be on sale and I had to argue that Prime Membership gives me the benefit of additional discounts and she reluctantly gave it to me. I won’t repeat here what my grandfather would have said (not a curse but could be offensive to some). 🤯
And to cleanse your palate since this is a season of thanksgiving, behold my Caturday post:
Whole Foods is Nucking Futs with their prices. A small container of chicken salad 14.99?!? Hell to the no! Glad you got the advertised price! 💰
I finally went into my new whole foods. The prices did seem high.
After reading all your comments, I’m glad there is no Whole Foods near me and I won’t be seeking one out. Good for you for getting the sale price!
Whole Foods seems to be a ginormous PITA for you as of late.
1. I’ve given my husband a list ( ) but weirdly, the item I am most hoping for is that herbal vinegar by Diptyque– not really a perfume at all. I was given a small bottle for my birthday and I used it up in just a couple of weeks. I love how shiny it made my thick, curly but tending to frizzle, hair, and that I kept smelling hints of the herbally goodness throughout the day. Someone here on NST mentioned it a while back, which is how I heard of it.
2. It arrived in the mail today. Not totally unsniffed, as I tried it years ago when it was released and remember liking its boozy fruitiness. Couldn’t find it on any proper perfumes sites anymore, but found a bottle minus a few sprays on Mercari: Miller Harris Blousy.
3. Several: Architects Club for my son; Promise for my husband; Memo’s Inle but in the hair mist form for my sister-in-law.
I’m in Blousy right now, of course.
Love these polls!
1. I’ve been craving but not wearing citrus flower scents, so maybe Hermes Neroli Dore?
2. I actually did give an unsniffed bottle idea to my in-laws, who always ask for a list. Cartier Baiser Vole Parfum. I like the original edp, so what are the chances it will be terrible?
3. For the first time in a long time, I don’t think I’m giving any scented gifts, but I did consult on my younger sister’s gift for my brother-in-law. I’ll be curious to see if she goes with any of my suggestions.
I’m wearing Veiltiber Extraordinaire right now, and it’s perfect.
#1: I’d LOVE to receive a bottle of Di Ser Hasunoito. Or any Di Ser, honestly. They do the citrus-agarwood combo so well.
#2: I really don’t like blind buying so I’m not gonna pick one here… But I will say I was tempted to get Hiram Green Arcadia because naturals + fougere sounds way up my alley.
#3: Yup! I got my sister Hermes’ Eau de Basillic Pourpre, I think she would like it. For friends: Ariana Grande Cloud miniature among other things for my bestie who loves tiny cute things (she doesn’t wear perfume but I think she will enjoy the bottle) and probably Diptyque’s Eau Rose for another rose-loving friend.
Arcadia is lovely, the drydown is excellent.
that’s good to know, I will seek out a sample!
Late night working tonight. My sotd is Organza.
On to the poll
1. Killian Sacred Wood or on the more affordable side YSL Libre Le Parfum.
2. Unsniffed is so hard because what if you hate it? I will go with Box of eels. I can’t really go wrong with Chanel.
3. I bought my son Mont Blanc Explorer Blue. He rarely wears fragrance but I keep trying.
Maybe this will be the year he finally becomes interested?
Maybe.. I bought the set with the shower gel which I know he will use.
I’m sitting here giggling at ‘Box of eels’ hehe.
I don’t even know how to spell it’s real name. Lol
“Bois des Iles”. 😉 I cheated and looked it up.
Thanks! Now I just have to retain it in my brain!
I read this as late night working out 🏋️♀️! Go lillyjo!
You are absolutely right that you can’t go wrong with Chanel…not to say that I love them all but my collection is well represented.
Lol! If I ever post anything workout related, you will know that Aliens have gotten ahold of me!🤣
My collection of Chanel is well represented as well. It is hard to go wrong with it. You would like Box of eels. It is an easy one to wear IMHO.
I’m thinking you probably meant this for lillyjo. I have Box of Eels in EDT as well as the Extrait. I am kind of hunting for the vintage version of vintage of it!
You would be right.
Wow! You were late!
It’s been forever since I’ve smelled Organza.
Organza is so gorgeous.
I will put this in the right place now. I think you would really like a “box of eels” as it is an easy one to wear.
Hello all, I can’t believe it but I have the flu, just 2 months after having covid! Don’t worry, I’m not feeling sorry for myself, LOL…
Anyway, I was already behind from having family here all week for Thanksgiving and now likely will fall further behind.
Stay well everyone!
Oh no! Well I will feel sorry for you! Rest and get better soon.
Oh no! So sorry Robin, I hope you have a mild case and feel better soon!
Oh poor you! Hope you get better very soon.
Oh, boy, sorry! I hope a speedy recovery for you.
That’s a rude double whammy right there! Hope you have plenty of tea on hand and feel better soon. 🤒
That’s awful! I hope you feel better soon, Robin!
Feel better soon, I wonder if maybe your immune system was run down by covid so the flu virus took the opportunity. Maybe a course of vitamin C would help.
Get well soon Robin!
Feel better soon, Robin – I hope your immune system will be powered-up after all this!
Oh no, I hope it’s a mild one. Take care and rest up!
Eek! Hope you feel better soon!
Blargh! That sucks so much, Robin. I hope that you lose the flu ASAP!
I’ve stocked up on Emergen-C for this winter, just in case.
Oh, no. That just stinks. Feel better soon.
Ugh, that’s a lot for your body to handle. So sorry Robin, get lots of rest!
Oh gosh, you have my sympathies. I hope the flu is mild and you recover quickly.
Aack, I’m so sorry, Robin! I hope you feel better very soon.
I hope you feel better soon! I”m on the recovery side of a cold (fingers crossed). I hope your flu is quick!
Not that I need any more perfume. But, I would be happy to receive Matière Prémière Encens Suave. I was excited to see they have the brand on sale at the link above at SSENSE, but alas that particular one is not listed. Second choice is Tauer Golestan.
Unsniffed – maybe La Ravissante? I have very bad luck with blind buys lately so I’ve pretty much sworn them off.
No fragrant gifts this year, although I was able to help my husband replenish his SL MKK at the Fragrancebuy sale this weekend. He paid for it himself though.
LOL! Seriously, The Harmonist Royal Earth was nowhere to be found but good thing I have a FB.
And as to replenishing your husband’s SL MKK, good job you!
He never would have gotten it without me, I knew everywhere else was out of stock and it would sell out quickly, so I had it loaded in my cart and was poised over my keyboard when the sale started at 5pm EST. Sure enough 40 minutes later when I ckecked it was sold out. Black belt shopper wins!
Black belt indeed!
1 – fragrance gift I want: I asked for Chanel No 5 soap. The bars are huge and gives that sense of luxury. I buy enough perfume for myself and husband knows not to buy experimental stuff for me
2 – Unsniffed gift I would want : I am with Kelly Red and others, I just don’t do this. Too risky and I have no good way to unload the rejects. I threw away about 30 small sample vials yesterday, most a decade or more old, and I organized my sample stash. I was happy the throwaways were not any bigger than the tiny vials.
BUT I am going to go theoretical here for unsniffed gift. I would want the original Chanel No 5. Always wanted to smell the banned nitro musks.
3 – fragrance gifts from me: I am gifting my daughter a small bottle of Baccarat Rouge 540 oil. I gave her my sample of the perfume and noticed her wearing it. The perfume is very pricey but the oil is a little less. Generally, I don’t gift fragrance unless I know the recipient likes it.
I am wearing a Goldfield and Banks Sunset Hour sample. I do like this one more and more. It is not similar to anything else I have. Trying to get my final household chores in before I return to work for 2 week stretch, ugh!
Wearing MVP for a partial day of sleep, then wake to try to get back on a normal sleep cycle for my 3 days off. The hospital is jam packed, ER is hopping, and beds are being blocked off because they don’t have appropriate staffing. Another night for us with no breaks and I’m ready to be done here. Also got an e-mail from the big wigs addressed to “Dear Colleague..” that discusses a recent story about a whistle blower who tipped off the media about misappropriated federal funds being funneled to upper management as bonuses. I’m not sure why I got it because I’m not even one of their employees…It’s just like Buffy Saint Marie sang a few years back:
My flannel shirt was such a wonderful amalgam of scent when I put on this morning- just absolutely delicious. I do like the waft you get when opening a cabinet or drawer that has mostly perfume in it. You would think it would absolutely overwhelming, all those different scent stories clamoring to be heard but I find it such a real and unexpected delight. I have future plans for my collection…
I am a big fan of the base scent that multi-wear garments like bathrobes/house coats/flannel-after-getting-off-work garments take on!
Just came back from a wine testing in a Stuttgart winery, called candlelight and cellars. We tested some really good wines, that we otherwise would not have been able to and on the way back we did a short detour for the Christkindlmarkt.
SOTE is Amira Gold, an oriental scent oil, bit sweet but with woods, oud and incense.
I would love to get a bottle of Salome for christmas, but we dont do gifts here anymore.
The unsniffed bottle i would like would maybe be 4160 Tuesdays Oakmossery, i really love my oakmoss scents.
My boyfriend does not like perfume and scented things and the rest of the family is also not interested, so i would not gift scented things.
Oooh, the wine tasting sounds wonderful! We used to like to go up to a place in Bernkastel-Kues on the Mosel called the Vinothek, where you could go into a cellar and try any of 200 or so Mosel wines. Loved that!
I haven’t chosen a perfume yet today, but I can smell Shalimar MT on my hoodie sleeves from the other night. Probably I’ll choose something powdery or gourmand since I’ve been leaning towards those lately.
1. Hmm I’d thought of an answer to this yesterday, but now my mind is blank. Maybe DSH MaccaBees since I recently finished off a sample and want more. But really, I’ll probably buy it for myself before her sale ends in January
2. I’d ask for Hiram Green Arcadia or that new mimosa centric L’Artisan.
3. It’s highly doubtful, as my gift giving has been cut way back from what it used to be and most I know don’t want fragrant gifts.
If anyone is looking for a cheap thrill during the sales, Scent Trunk is doing 30% off everything, and I believe it ends tonight. I bought 3 of their 5ml travel sprays: Stroopwaffel by Ineke, Gurjan Balsam by Christi Meshell of House of Matriarch, and Cloak Musk by Shelly Waddington of En Voyage (she also did Civet for Zoologist). Hoping to enjoy them all.
I’m also thinking of getting Le Labo’s Hinoki shower gel at SSENSE that pfsh posted about above and Tiger’s Nest travel spray at Bloomingdales on sale.
Those all sound good! I’m a Shelley Waddington fan so now I’m curious about Cloak Musk.
Catching up and recovering from hosting Thanksgiving and also attending Friendsgiving yesterday. It’s been very hectic around here. We’re having some work done in our garage after water damage from a neighbor’s leak. And my husband is leaving on a big overseas work trip in few days, and he has a lot to pack. I’m really dreading trying to coordinate the garage work and single parenting and the ramp up to Christmas. I’ll need to shore up with the best scents! 😉
SOTD is No 5 Eau Premiere, it’s helping.
I have no plans for scented presents this year, if I want anything I have to explicitly ask. I’d love Chypre Palatin, it’s been on my wishlist for awhile now. But I’ll probably hold out for as long as I can, if I get a year-end bonus, I will buy it for myself! I do have a lot on my fantasy blind buy list, there’s a whole gamut from cheapies like Rochas Femme to discontinued unicorns like Kenzo Jungle Tiger.
You have been busy busy! I hope you find time to relax when you can!
SOTD = Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum
I’ve been naughty but what’s new? 🤣
So not to mention names, BUT:
1 – When I decide to purchase several items the week before Thanksgiving and one of items was not available AND you said to email you because a special order can be arranged, well, wouldn’t you email within the next 24 hours and say “on it”?
Two days later…
2 – When you respond and ask if I I wanted 3 of each item or 1 of each of the 3 items I listed … AND said they are all in stock and I can just order online AND I tried right away and the OOS item is still out of stock…
Six days later…
3 – Since nothing heard, I decided to NOT purchase anymore, I get an email back RIGHT AWAY! Oh no, are you allergic? (Nope, but I could be and know enough to prevent it) Is it my delay in getting back to you because I was visiting my blah blah at blah blah? Ummm, I got the same thing with a discount…
And I don’t think the company is huge either so it perplexes me why there was such a delay in responding?
Anyway, tomorrow is Cyber Monday so maybe watch this space …
I actually saw a TV ad for your SOTD during a college football game recently. I was shocked!
I will be watching!
Christmas shopping…la, la, la not listening. It will be a couple weeks before I can wrap my head around it. SotD Angel edt. It’s seeming very cozy today. I missed most of the holiday weekend comments, but want to add how thankful I am for the wonderful NST site, for Robin’s work, and for all the perfume knowledge and other inspiring thoughts and recommendations that NST’ers share here. I joined those who were in a wistful mood for the holiday. I spent time remembering times past…I *am* looking forward to joyous gatherings yet to come, but this year was more looking back.
I hear you, MossyBerry. I was missing my Mom something horrible on Thanksgiving Day.
Sending a hug, and I hope you have a good week!
1. I can’t think of anything in particular but no doubt, something will make itself known to me😊
2. I, too have learned about the perils of unsniffed purchases, having given myself some leeway during the learning process . Now I have an intense desire to declutter and focus on the fragrances that I know I like and enjoy wearing. It’s been very satisfying to move the others to new homes.
3. I try to give fragrant gifts whenever possible and it’s been fun to create perfume appreciators through some of these gifts.
1 I’d like TERO by NISHANE ( that caramel drives me crazy)
2 I’d probably go for GOLESTAN since I adore Andy Tauer
3 I’ll be gifting parfum samples everywhere like every Christmas