Our fourth annual Fall Back poll, one week late, because that's how 2020 is going anyway, right? As always, answer as many or as few as you like, or just talk about something else. If it's spring where you live, adjust the questions accordingly.
1. What's the fragrance you'd most like to add to your collection this fall?
2. You have to vote one perfume in your collection off the island. Which one will go first, and why?
3. It's time for a (fantasy, pretend-there-isn't-a-pandemic) fall getaway! Where are you going, and pick ONE fragrance to bring with you.
Note: top image is Painted by Autumn [cropped] by Anne Worner at flickr; some rights reserved.
Love the pic ?.
SOTD = Maya Njie Tropica
Woody tropical fruit bowl or happiness perfume. It’s what Byredo Pulp was supposed to be but Pulp never got there for me.
I’ll be back later to respond to the poll!
Yes! A first First! Doing the happy dance ???❣️
I was shocked to see you first! Woohoo!
So was I!
So if I did love Pulp, will I love Tropica?
I liked Tropica (fig and a bit of pineapple) but to me it fell into the same bucket as Still Life In Rio (which I adore) only it doesn’t last as long.
Will you be at the sniffalong, pixel, if you don’t mind me asking?
Tropica would be too light for you but you won’t get the bitterness that I got from Pulp.
I ordered a different set because I couldn’t imagine a woody-fruity, so your assessment is a pleasant surprise!
Oh, which ones did you try?
Vanilj, Nordi Cedar, and Tobak.
And they are all excellent!
Exactly the ones I chose! Good to know from hajusuuri these are nice.
I love fall. I love spring and summer too, but fall is when I get to bundle up in soft sweaters and not feel at all guilty about staying in with a cup of tea and a good book. SOTM is my old pal, Gucci EDP.
1. What’s the fragrance you’d most like to add to your collection this fall?
Not sure, but probably a Memo travel spray. Currently waffling between French Leather and African Leather. And haven’t even tried most of the newest ones, so more research will be required.
2. You have to vote one perfume in your collection off the island. Which one will go first, and why?
Oh, probably Kenzo Flower. Haven’t touched it in years, I think (iirc) because it has a variety of musk that is terrible on me.
3. It’s time for a (fantasy, pretend-there-isn’t-a-pandemic) fall getaway! Where are you going, and pick ONE fragrance to bring with you.
I’m going to one of those tropical island places where the hotel room has a thatched roof and the whole thing hangs over the ocean, and there are big windows with diaphanous, billowing curtains, and butlers or valets or whatever bring iced drinks and nibbles on trays. I’ll bring my bottle of Chanel Eau de Cologne and spritz myself at the top of each hour. Ah, fantasy.
Love the fantasy vacay,can I come?Lol???
Of course! ???♂️
Your vacay sounds wonderful!
It does, doesn’t it. Of course, I’ll have to fight johanob for the cutest room service server. ?
Fight on!Haha!(but we can share the one with big hands that can carry both our breakfasts/midnight snacks at the same time!haha!)
Love it – it’s a deal! ?
Hello fragrant friends
I would like to get my mitts on Chanel le Lion
I don’t like Etro shal nur anymore.
I want to be at the The Hotel Grand Angkor in Siem Reap, with my sister and wearing Indochine.
That’s a lovely idea for a vacation.
I want to go with you! I travelled extensively in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam—yikes!—20 years ago now, but didn’t make it to Cambodia.
I love traveling to Laos. Luang Prabang a favorite.
Yes! Loved it. Can’t imagine how much it’s changed since I was there.
Many westerners at night market I suppose.
Your fantasy vacay sounds so nice!
My primary memory of Cambodia is sneezing I don’t know if it was the dust of the temples or the surrounding jungles – but it was bad enough to try out those disposable masks often worn by Chinese tourists. I’m tall with very curly hair so I got some STRANGE looks. Of course today we are ALL in masks!
PG Indochine or Xerjoff Indochine? I have been craving the former..
1. What’s the fragrance you’d most like to add to your collection this fall?
Answer: So many to choose from…let’s say decants or travel-sized amount of several Serge Lutens, L’Artisan Parfumeur(sp?) and Comme des Garcons fruity or flowery or incense fragrances. Oh, and Atelier Cologne’s Mandarine Glaciale, one of the first lemmings I got, thanks to Jepster, who sent a sample to me. I got a lemming for Iris Silver Mist and others from CobraRose, who sent an assortment of classic and perhaps to become modern classic perfumes that I was very curious about. This was before I’d heard of Surrender to Chance or realized that I could get samples of some modern fragrances from Luckyscent. But that was the first freebiemeet I participated in, so my thanks to those generous ladies.
2. You have to vote one perfume in your collection off the island. Which one will go first, and why?
Possibly Vetiver Fatale, which gave Dad a horrible coughing fit. I would pass it along to someone else who would be able to appreciate it more, though, someone who didn’t need to worry about a family member’s allergies and chronic bronchitis.
3. It’s time for a (fantasy, pretend-there-isn’t-a-pandemic) fall getaway! Where are you going, and pick ONE fragrance to bring with you.
If there weren’t a pandemic and I could afford it (both contrary to face) there are many parts of Europe I’d like to see, including places in Great Britain, Spain, Germany, France and Italy. Although I can’t really speak French, I’ve found that I can still read a surprising amount of it. And knowing Latin might help me read Italian. I regret never having learning Spanish, as there’s a pretty large Hispanic population here, especially Mexican-Americans — Robin can confirm this.
Scent of the morning, mostly left on my sleeves from last night: Old Spice cologne, for the nostalgia that several other people mentioned. It was a nice scent to fall asleep to, with its happy, comforting memories of my childhood.
*contrary to fact
Even in my perfume fantasies I too seem to be leaning to small sizes.
I have a few big bottles, but I figure that realistically it would take me a while to use up even a travel spray. I don’t have dreams of getting more than an ounce or so of most of the things I have a lemming for. My spending for things I got this fall mostly involved getting flower bulbs, plus e-books here and there. My concentration now is mainly on getting those bulbs planted so I can enjoy them in the spring.
You might be able to find a travel spray of the Mandarine Glaciale at Sephora. Just FYI. ?
I’ll let you know if I get the travel spray, but you’re close to getting an enabler pin.
Hi all! My SOTD is vintage Opium for today’s cool weather. Mr. SmokeyToes and I are headed out for a walk in a few minutes.
1. I’d add Tauer’s L’Air du Desert Marocain to my collection. It’s just too gorgeous to be without.
2. I’d vote Creed’s Fleur d’ Bulgarie off the island. It reminds me of my mother and although I love the ambergris dry down, the opening is too cloying and I don’t reach for it often.
3. I’d love to travel to VT or NY to visit friends and family. I’d take either Fendi or Laura Mercier’s Minuit Enchante.
ST, I walked 7 miles yesterday and it was wonderful! You smell great as always.
7 miles! That’s excellent! How to the tootsies feel today?
SP – we made four miles today. I’m probably going to walk another four tomorrow but want to pace myself.
I agree with your answer to No. 1! I just bought a FB to replace a discovery size I drained far too long ago. I feel very reassured that it’s back in my collection.
LAdDM is gorgeous!
I would like to add 1957, Oscarine or the favorite that I can never seem to get, Heure d’Nuit.
Voting a perfume off the island? Well, I am spent on votes in general LOL so maybe no voting off at the moment…plus, if I voted it off, it may actually not be a legal vote off as I vote them off using a sharpie..lol I digress.
I had a getaway two weeks ago..went to Zion National Park and The Grand Canyon. Absolutely beautiful. I decided not to bring perfume actually!
If I could afford it, I would spend a couple days in Reno and watch a show I want to go to..but..tickets are too expensive. I would wear something warm and spicy cause it gets mighty cold up there.
Wow, your trip sounds amazing!
Oscarine is nice! I like Ozkan too
Happy Satur-double-YAY! I’m in Theorema because I can’t get enough of it (along with Amouage Lyric, but not at the same time) lately.
1) I would add CdG Ouarzazate or Chanel Bel Respiro but that may change next week.
2) I don’t have anyone to vote off the island at the moment although I waffle about a few of them. We’ll see.
3) I’d like to go ski in Steamboat Springs (Colorado) or go to Sonoma and drink wine in the sun or go on that vacation to Provence that we were supposed to have in September…or just go to the mall without a mask.
And look, I’ve already changed my mind for #1. I’d add Guerlain SDV if I had the money!
Both Theorema and Lyric are gorgeous. SDV is a little too expensive for me for what you actually get.
I am with you on Bel Respiro. That’s another one I would also like to add to my collection!
I would like to add Poudre Imperiale – I’m obsessed with it. So so good.
I vote off Vetiver Tonka. It’s too heavy in some ways which is ironic for a JCE.
I would go to Hawaii with a bottle of Fleur de Lalita.
Happy Saturday friends. It’s a wonderful sunny day here and I’m off to bask in the warmth.
Vetiver Tonka doesn’t work for me either.
It’s strangely difficult to get a cozy Vetiver, don’t you think? That bright aromatic feature is so often lost in ‘warm’ presentations.
That’s a good point. I do prefer vetivers that are lighter and lifted by more citrusy notes then smothered by gourmandish notes
Perhaps Fat Electrician struck a good balance in that respect. Didn’t quite love it though.
Wearing Hermes Caleche on another warm, sunny and beautiful day! I will be taking a long walk later this afternoon.
I am glued to the tv now watching the news with a cup of coffee and a slice of pumpkin pie.
1. I would like to add a full bottle of either Comme des Garcons Zargorsk or Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady.
2. I would vote off the island immediately Robert Piguet Baghari and Barbara Bui Le Parfum. Both bottles almost full.
3. I would like to go Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and relax there for a couple of weeks. I would bring with me L’Artisan Un Air de Bretagne and Chanel Paris-Deauville.
Have a happy and healthy weekend, everyone! ?
Coffee + pumpkin pie + news sounds so good right now. Might copy you
Welcome to the club! Passing you some coffee and pie! ☕?
Enjoy what sounds like a fabulous day!
It is a fabulous day, in any way I see it! ??
Yay for pumpkin pie and a nice day ?
Helloooo NST!It seems the election is over in the US?
Sotd!C&E West Indian Lime.I cannot get enough of this stuff,although it’s been a sleeper in my collection for years,the current weather calls for light fresh citrus fragrances or colognes,and WIL is perfect!
1.)Tom Ford Lost Cherry.I adore a good cherry note,and when I sniffed this I fell in love.Or one of the new Kilians,Angels’ share sounds especially tempting.
2.)Voted off the Island:Le Parfum de Therese,I’m sorry Frederic Malle,it’s just not for me(love the others mostly!)
3.)I’d love to be in New York right now,having a sniffathon and a bagel with some of you locals over there!!
Packing only two perfumes to NY,Portrait of a lady and OF COURSE(!!!)Bendelirious!
Yes, johanob! It’s been “called,” and I’m thankful on many counts.
Yay!2020 might end better than it began!??
Come on! Don’t think too much about it! We have been eagerly waiting for you here in NY for a long time already! ??
2021 might just be the year,M!
Crossing fingers, then! ?
love your choices!!
Hey! What am I chopped liver?!
I have bagels too ya know ?
Haha!Of course not my dear friend,I’ll be on my way over to you after lovestosmellgood dropped me off at the airport!????
Feeling more joyful than I have in a long time, wearing the happy Hiram Green Dilettante to celebrate. Thunked my 10ml atomiser, which was evaporating.
I plan to add Kilian Angel’s Share to my collection for this winter. Just got the other lemming, TF Lost Cherry travel spray, in the Sephora sale.
Voting off Mendittorosa Archetipo, which is just not working for me any more.
I would like to take my rollerballs of Kai and Monyette Paris and head out to Hawaii right now!
Yay for travel sprays! And I’d be on a beach lounge a little way down from you…
Oh wow,we have pretty overlapping lists!LoveLove!
Yes, how funny we picked the same two scents!
So glad you’re feeling joyful cazaubon!??
cazaubon, I am with you. Sending you a big, happy hug.
I would be happy to go to Hawaii with Kai…I will join you!
I jad a feeling you would like Angels’ Share. I do too!
Dilittante is the smell of happiness to me! And a friend said the same exact thing when I was wearing it one day. Might spritz some on tonight~
To buy: Arquiste Boutonniere, although I only need a travel spray of it and this one doesn’t come in that size. To say so-long to: Joop! Le Bain – when o when will I learn not to blind buy?
Getaway: somewhere warm and beachy, where I could swim in the ocean and a pool, and of course go to lots of lovely restaurants. Heck, make it some sort of low-key reunion, where I couple meet up with small groups of friends for meals and activities, but no mass banquets with speeches.
AnnieA, I hear you on the Joop! Le Bain blind buy. I did the same thing, and it’s just toooooooo soapy for me.
Your getaway is so perfect
Just read Friday’s comments and must thank OaklandFresca for a good laugh and Googling “prairie chic”.
Also thanks to Kanuka. I actually read your comment about enjoying your son’s company to my eldest son. Especially as he had ONLY MINUTES before been called upon to put two cookbooks on the highest shelf that I can’t reach.
1. I have four on my maybe list and a very definite desire to buy less. So far I seem to persevere. Though blind buying is my version of playing the lottery or gambling. Illicit thrill.
2. Just got back a week ago from a week spent at the beach with my eldest. He had a week off, my husband was happy to look after the youngest and see above my comment to Kanuka.
I could go again tomorrow, though.
3. A salty briny perfume would do. Tried Rose Atlantic as a possible candidate and had to scrub it off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Takeonethingoff mentions Musc Tonkin as an oystery floral. Any opinions?
Have you tried Eau des Merveilles Bleue? When I see salty and briny, it’s the first one that comes to mind.
How lovely that you could spend a week at the beach with your eldest.☺️
Thanks for the rec! I haven’t tried it yet.
And I hope you have a FABULOUS Saturday. You deserve it.
Have you tried Heeley Sel Marin? Nice salty citrus.
This one is my go to also.
Well said on blind buys – unlike the lottery or gambling, you have “something you can dust” when it’s all over! And, wonderful NST’s to swap or decant with. AND, sometimes we change our minds…a clutter bottle becomes a favorite. Looking at you, Aromatics Black Cherry!
Have you tried Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel for salty notes?
Oh, also a good one.
1. I’ll add JHaG Musc Invisible. The first time I tried it I got a terrible drydown but I was also sampling three other perfumes at the time?so I gave it another shot and really liked it. Soft and easy to wear. I’m always looking for work appropriate perfumes.
2. None at the time. My full bottle collection is not that big. Lots of decants though and I really need to use some up before they evaporate.
3. Salt Lake City to visit my son. If I hadn’t just started a new job and had some vacation time, I’d be on a plane for thanksgiving. I talked to him on the phone last week for the first time in about a month and I had to resist the urge to breakdown and cry when I got off the phone with him.? The realization of how far away he is finally hit me (denial is a powerful thing lol) and I miss him. I’m hoping to make the trip in January as a birthday gift to myself. I’d take Tam Dao because flying stresses me out.
SotD is 10 Corso Como. It’s sunny and supposed to be 70 here today!? This is my first Saturday off in 2 months, thank you Mother Nature.?
10 Corso Como is lovely – you smell wonderful. Enjoy your day off!
Have a fabulous Saturday off! Hugs to you as you miss your son. I’m far from my parents and I suspect he was also fighting the urge to sniffle when he hung up.
Thanks, it’s hard to be away from family, hugs back. I’m not sure if he misses me as much as I miss him but I did get a *I love you too mom* before we hung up.☺️
Enjoy your day off! You smell great!
Thanks pl67! Hope you have a good day too!?
Hope it’s been a great day!.
I put Musc Invisible back on the try list?
It was a great day. Looks like more good weather today!?
Me too. Will have to duck into a Sephora and see if they’ll spritz me. ?
Mmm, I love 10CC, great pick!
Thanks! I love it too.?
I guess Robin won’t mind name dropping, but I flew Delta to a rare family wedding in Utah in September. I was very impressed with how clean the plane was, how diligent the flight attendants were when people slipped their mask off their noses, and how distanced and uncrowded the seating and the airports were. I didn’t get a direct flight, because I was too lazy to make the 5am check-in, but of course that would help. There is no food or beverage-of-choice service, but you do get a bag with water, “people kibbles” and hand sanitizer.
SOTD is Amouage Interlude (woman). Ad copy: “….evoke an air of disorder while maintaining a sense of balance and tranquility…” which is just perfect for me today.
1. I don’t have any huge lemmings at the moment, partly because I just can’t keep up with much going on in the world of perfume. With that said, CdG has a new scent out, Rouge, which sounds lovely. I’m a big fan of this house.
2. I’ve got plenty of these – y’all know I’m a fool for a blind bargain buy, which leaves me with many bottles that eventually need to go. First off the island is Lalique Encre Noire a l’Extreme. I like the original, but this one doesn’t work for me.
3. I’d love to be on the first leg of the vacation that got cancelled (England, then Scotland), sitting at Pick & Cheese, the cheese bar where luscious cheeses float by on a conveyer belt. You heard me. Conveyer belt. Endless cheese. Passing before one’s eyes, available to simply reach out and grab. Literally a dream come true. I wouldn’t be wearing perfume while eating, but after I’d spritz on something with incense (Jaisalmer, Messe di Minuit, Copal Azur) to go walking through the Seven Dials Market with mi amigas.
Be well, everybody.
Wait. A conveyor belt of cheese? Is that heaven? ?
Ohmygod that’s just awesome
It is indeed heaven.
So that just got added to the bucket list.
You smell great, and I just ordered a sample of CdG Red from Luckyscent.
Remember to tell me how you like it!
*Adds Pick and Cheese* to dream vacation!
Another reason to visit London! I didn’t know about Pick & Cheese; it sounds marvelous!
1) I’m not interested in adding anything to my collection, although I’d like to try the new scents from A lab on Fire.
2) I don’t want to kick any perfumes out either. I’m very happy with the crew.
3) I’d love to be in California right now. Maybe Morro Bay? I’d take my SOTD – Las Flores by Provision Scents.
What a lovely, satisfied place you sound like you are in with your fragrances right now!
I didn’t think such a state of fragrance equilibrium was possible!
Actually, I’ve gone long periods when I was happy and satisfied with my collection. Typically when my life is too busy to read reviews of new things here. . .
I just got samples of the new Lab on Fire, will test and report.
1. Angels’ Share–tested it last night and I am in love!
2. Dylan Bleue– tired of it.
3. Post Ranch Inn in CA, and am bringing Angels’ Share
I will join you for a drink on the deck at Post Ranch Inn
(Although I might be thinking of the wrong Big Sur inn. Either way, I would love to be sitting on somebody’s bar desk in Big Sur right now)
Only know of one Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur—my California fantasy island vacay!
I’ll join you with cocktails in front of fire pit to warm our toes, watching the surf!
What perfume would you vote off, and which perfume would you don for the Big Sur view?
Ha, if you could arrange for me to be in front of a fire pit watching the surf in Big Sur, I would let YOU choose the perfume.
But offhand I would think something very light because I love the smell of the sea and would not want to compete with it. Hermes Eau des Merveilles?
Of my own collection, I will vote off Burberry The Beat Intense, which I look at guiltily every so often but rarely wear.
Oh back in September I almost almost almost had myself talked into thinking it would be safe to go there for a couple of days! Maybe someday.
The first time I ever saw a California Condor was there. DH and I were chatting with a guy who was a professional photographer when a condor came floating over us… we were all so amazed nobody even thought to take a picture.
Whenever I drive Big Sur I like to stop at the pullouts and look down — folks don’t realize that the condors like to cruise the cliffsides below the highway.
Wow. It must have been amazing to stay there. I call it Posh Ranch Inn. Too pricey for us. But a gal can dream!
Do you remember La Ventana? I don’t even know if it still exists. Perhaps the place has a new name now. We used to stop there for lunch when I was a kid, when we were driving through Big Sur.
And happy birthday to you!
Bitter Peach was the other sample I ordered recently, with Angels’ Share, and Freckled and Beautiful. So far, FaB is a nope, but like you I will be sniffing around for travel-size bottles or deal on Bitter Peach.
I haven’t been to Ventana… been to Post Ranch several times — it is just so lovely and so relaxing — but it has gotten SO $$$$$$$$ that we haven’t been in ages. I thought… maybe one more time since we can’t travel anywhere else… but nah, still too covid-scary!
And thanks for the birthday wishes! It’s been a good one. Rain & politics, can’t beat it
That’s it, what I was trying to think of earlier!! That was my first trip to Big Sur.
Happy birthday to you!
Thanks for the reminder – will put trip to Big Sur ahead of Scottish Highlands walking tour on dream list. I have to see the beautiful coast and big redwoods soon!
SOTD: Sampling Masque L’Attessa, MDCI Fetes Persanes, and Cacao Porcelana from Atelier Materi. I’ll change it up throughout the day.
1. MDCI Chypre Palatin. Waiting for it to be back in stock at Fumerie. But this Fetes Persanes is really tempting. Requested the sample with my last order after someone mentioned it here (thanks, I don’t recall who it was!)
2. Santal Kardamon, my most expensive blind buy (on sale), which despite all the listed notes being ones I love, has not worked on my skin. I’m hoping it will work better for me in the winter.
3. Paris, to eat and walk and buy perfume, so I won’t bring any with me at all.
Paris sounds nice–sans COVID and with loads of time!
Maybe it was me, I have and love Fêtes Persanes. Santal Kardamom ended up not working for me either.
Sampling Mugler Aura and AS Sunday today from a kind NSTer….mmm vanilla.
Wicked Good may be my next FB purchase. I have been quickly working my way through a travel spray from a generous NSTer and have less than half left.
Wicked Good is very comforting!
It really is! ?
Mmm, Wicked Good. :-). We need to have a perfume meetup while I’m here in SD. So much vanilla research to cover.
Would love to…I will email you.
2020 is weird and disturbing in so many ways.
1. I’d love it if a bottle of Olfactive Studio Iris Shot magically materialized on my lap.
2. No tears would be shed were I to part ways with Zenne (Nishane) – completely not my style and a missed gift it was.
3. Don’t need to travel far. A revisit to Paris would’ve been ideal. And I’m taking MFK Grand Soir with me.
Today I’m wearing Diptyque Oud Palao and burning my small Osynlig Tobacco-Honey candle. Both scents go well together.
Ooh — thank you for the reminder to go check to see if they’ve launched those candles in Canada yet! Last the website said was “Coming in November.” Sounds lovely!
In Poland they appeared on the website on November 3rd so a good timing. But today all Ikea in Poland got closed due to new pandemic regulations, so I’m glad I went on Thursday.
Lucky! They’ll let me put them in my cart here but won’t let me check out due to low stock. None of the local stores seem to have them but I guess if I were in Montreal I’d be in luck. Enjoy!
Stay safe, lucasai.
Thanks for your kind words yesterday, Lucas! I put on a touch of Dior J’Adore and even managed to sleep late, for a change.
I just sampled Rubikona recently and appreciated your review. Rubikona reminds me slightly of Cacharel LouLou — what do you think?
Also very glad to see that you reviewed the DSH Iris Trilogy, which I’m sampling. I’ll compare notes with your reviews soon.
Glad I can be of help with my reviews.
And always happy to try and cheer up a perfume friend.
In PG Felanilla today for comfort on a cold day. Things are very much looking up today, though, since getting up early to drizzle and more vote counting. Sun and closure are lovely things.
1. I’d buy a FB of Azemour, Lyric or Avignon. They’ve been on my list for forever and I’m going to run out of the samples.
2. I have had a bottle of Laila, “the scent of Norway” in the back of my perfume drawer since, oh, the late ’90s? I haven’t worn it since, oh, the late ’90s? It was more the idea of the scent of Norway than the actual perfume that led to the purchase, and that was before I fell down the rabbit hole, anyway. It does not remind me of Norway, or much else except the late ’90s.
3. My fantasy vacation right now would be to be flying to Patagonia and touring there before boarding a ship for Antarctica. It’s the right time of year for that. Maybe someday if I win the lottery…guess I should play the lottery for that to happen, though.
Azemour choice is always a good choice
I’ll join for the flight to Patagonia – and then for the Antarctica leg too! Same issue with the lottery though…
Great choices for both trip and fragrances! Someone I know slightly did visit Antarctica and declared the trip worth every penny.
I wore Felanilla in the morning and now Ambre de Merveilles for the evening. Made sweet potato soup with Miso for dinner plus Apple pie for dessert.
1) I would like a bottle of Salome or Memoir Woman
2) my vintage bottle of Ma Griffe would leave no empty spot
3) just some relaxing in a warmer clime like the canary islands in a nice apartment, and I think I would take Untitled L’Eau
Mmm — sounds like a good day all around (scent and eating!).
I love to add miso to all kinds of stuff. The soup sounds delish.
Light miso is great in homemade salad dressings. Probably everyone knows this, but it was news to me!
Nope, that’s news to me too! Thanks for the heads up! ?
In Songes today for a beautiful day in NYC! Full of love & celebration for reasons I cannot comment on ( )
We are taking the kids to the Strand to pick out some new books
1. Shalimar Philtre or Le Lion
2. Not a Perfume
3. Terracotta to a tropical island
Realized I don’t have any Terracotta, so that can go to spot # 1
I’ll share if I can tag along…lolz,have a new fb,still in its cellophane wrapping from when it was released way back when!(I drained bottle nr 1 over the course of about 6 summers…lol)
I’ll share my Terracotta if I can on the vacation with you ha!
Forgot to respond to Kanuka yesterday, I went to the Waterfall Mansion museum
It was safe, beautiful and full of art!
Speaking of Strand, have you watched The Booksellers on prime? I think you’d really like it, being a lover of both books and nyc.?
Looking forward to watching that!
Have you tried Philtre?
Been watching all you folks in the city, out on the streets and masked up, and sending you love from all the way over here on the other coast.
Terracotta and Songes are cousins in fragrance, IMO.
I wore some vintage Shalimar bath oil the other day and thought about you!
I used to head to the Strand back when I was a kid. Dad and I would walk out with armfuls of books….. Loved that store!
To add this fall I think Baume du doge passed the sample test and will go into my basket.
Tom Ford Ombre Leather can go. I love the private blends much more.
I would love to go to a Spanish or Italian city with my 13-year old daughter. But in the situation of no masks necessary, no limits of number of people in shops/musea and cafés and restaurants open. I wish for us all that this will happen soon!! I’ll be wearing my Baume and buying some succesful sniffs!
Do you have Tuscan Leather? How does Ombré Leather compare?
I’m butting in to say I don’t find them similar. Ombre smells more masculine plus I smell ambroxan in the drydown. I don’t get any sweetness either.
Same opinion here on TL vs. OL.
I don’t want to vote any of mine off the island- they’re all precious to me ha! I’d love to add Dune this fall, I’ve worn it a lot the past couple of months.
No scent today- still sick. Did get negative results for covid however. Hajusurri, if you read this, we have no idea where we would have been exposed. We live in Cali and did go to dinner in Santa Monica last weekend when my son was here. Other than that, we haven’t done much other than work, go to the grocery store, etc. Although cases at my work have been on the rise the past two weeks almost as high as the beginning of the pandemic. We primarily got tested because our work (we both work for the same company) makes us quarantine until we get negative results and are symptom free for 10 days.
Congrats on the negative! Dune was the first scent I picked out for myself as a teenager in duty free. My mother bought it for me I still think its a stunner but it unfortunately sends me back to my awkward adolescence, so I can’t actually wear it. Still – there is nothing quite like it!
“Reminds me of my poised and uncomplicated teen years,” said nobody ever!
Ha ha! Good Point!
Exactly, there’s nothing else I have that’s like it!
Glad to hear the tests were negative. Feel better soon!
Glad both your tests were negative! And you NEED a bottle of Dune!?
I do need it!
Great news on the negative test results. Kinda scary when not knowing how one could have been exposed seems to be a theme!
Hope you feel better soon! I love Dune.
I hope you and your hubby feel better very soon. ?
What a relief to find out that your test results were negative! Sending “Get Well” vibes to you both.
Tried Ford’s Beau de Jour today and REALLY like it! I think I would be ok cross-dressing in this one. So, perhaps this is the one I would like to add…however, there is also Pansy at Lush (which I have my eye on) – and Snow Fairy… As usual – I want to add MORE than 1
And…as someone inclined to add to many, it follows that there are several I could vote off. Pinrose’s Moonlight Gypsy was a blind buy with notes with which it HAD TO BE A WINNER. Nope.
And, I’m off to see the Northern Lights – got my coats, boots and bottle of Chergui.
Isn’t that the worst? You love every note, so how could things possibly go wrong? Then Murphy slaps you upside the head.
The given notes say Nothing about whether I will like a scent. Nor does the description, write ups, etc etc. ? It’s a miracle that I actually have some blind-bought scents that are a success.
Sounds like a good idea for a new Community Project – Best Blind Buy Ever.
Ooh, the Northern Lights! So beautiful.
Lucky lucky you, seeing the Northern Lights!
Always like these polls.
SOTD – Vintage Shalimar EDC – from the 70’s. Bottle arrived yesterday and I had a scare – stopper was stuck. I am not a big fan of bottles with stoppers, I am always scared of dropping the bottle being a total klutz.
On to the poll
1. Chanel Lion, Ormaie L’Ivree Blue, Angels Share. Maybe the new Dusita – the notes look promising but I have not tested it yet
2. Masque Love Kills and Hiram Green Hyde. Neither works for me and should be purged. Being a big fan of both brands, I have a hard time letting go.
3. I want to visit Costa Rica. Not sure which fragrance I will take wit by me
Did you get the Shalima unstoppered?
Costa Rica would be a great trip!
I did. Apparently it is a known issue with stoppers (not known to me thou), because of evaporation – there is always traces of fragrance on the stopper a d as alcohol evaporated, the oils between the stopper and bottle act as glue. You put a bottle into freezer for 30 mins max (I did 5 mins and it was fine) and the problem is solved. After that you clean the surface with alcohol to remove all traces and you are stuck free!!
Great work! ?
Waving hello at ya!
Yay waiving back
Hi hi! Costa Rica is awesome. Go! We rented a 4WD and had so many fun adventures.
I hear you on #2. Fortunately I sampled first, they were both disastrous on me.
1. Well, I’ve purchased a bottle of Eau des Baux and L’air dDM in the last week, so I guess one of those!
2. An early purchase, MJ Bang. I like its peppery top notes, but it settles into boring cologne territory pretty quickly.
3. I want to go back to Italy. It’s come up as we’ve watched Anthony Bourdain, and recently when I muled some papier d’armanie from SMN for a friend, and again while I was shopping for fragrances and someone asked me about Florence. We went on our honeymoon in winter. I liked traveling outside of tourist season. I would gladly do it again, if I didn’t have school and if there was no ‘rona.
Oops, I forgot my travel scent. I would pack something versitile, like No. 5, and then be sure to buy something from a local perfumer to wear for the rest of the trip and to use as a momento of the trip.
Hi, MR – your comment on Bang noted. It is one of only about 4 out of the many I own that I’ve ever (promptly and unceremoniously) parted with. I even got it on clearance at TJX! But it was, just like you say, a boring cologne to me.
There are moments when that boring cologne smell gives me a whiff of nostalgia for a teenage boyfriend, but mostly, it’s just boring cologne smell.
Travelling in Italy in the off season is the way to go! I’ve been twice in November and once in March, and all were good, though November was maybe a bit better (warmer weather, I think it was unseasonably cool when I was there in March). We had the ruins at Paestum basically all to ourselves, and Pompeii was pretty chill, as well.
I was very happy to go through Pompeii in December when we didn’t exactly have it to ourselves, but there was plenty of room to wander around!
Pompeii is on my bucket list. Hopefully I will get there someday.
Pompeii is definitely worth it, and Herculaneum was a really interesting addendum (it’s right in the middle of the city, plus the skeletons in the boat houses). I hope you get there!
Fall is my favorite season, and I basically enjoy it here in the DC area through the holidays.
I have found myself missing NYC and European cities with their fabulous museums and charming streets. I would also love to walk along a beach for hours and hike in an African nature preserve.
Breaking out the Amouage Gold today! ✨?✨?✨?✨?✨?✨?✨?✨?✨
I think most of the perfumes I want are ones I should have gotten ten years ago. There are a number of Dawn Spencer Hurwitz fragrances I would like to have, but it’s hard to decide. Just give me a suitcase full of 5-ml minis of half of her line. ?
One recent FB disappointment was TDC I Miss Violet. Someday post-Covid I will put it up for swap.
I have a mini of I Miss Violet and I like it, but performance is a bit lame.
Stronger wouldn’t help, it just doesn’t work for my nose. Too bad, as I loved the idea of it!
You smell lovely!
I feel the same way about wishing I would have bought some discontinued perfumes years ago.
Yes! And less reformulated versions.
I will watch for your bottle of I Miss Violet.
Your comment about getting perfumes that you want(ed) ten years ago echoed a chord with me. However, I was just picking up speed as I fell down the perfume rabbit hole then, and didn’t even know about some of the great stuff I missed.
Sotd – Profumum Roma Patchouly, in part to see how much I really like it or whether it answers question #2. I want to like it (an expensive impulse purchase!) as much as I appreciate what a well made fragrance it is.
1. I might buy Chanel 19 EdP, in part because it’s mentioned so often here and since I haven’t smelled it in years, I’m really curious.
3. I echo MissGoldsmith – I would love to be wandering the streets of Paris, eating fabulous food, drinking French wine and speaking some French (at perfume shops!). I would also make another visit to the Osmotheque in Versailles to revel in the original Miss Dior, Eau Sauvage, Iris Gris and and and…
Oh my gosh. I didn’t know about the Osmotheque. It’s now been added to my fantasy itinerary.
Chanel No. 19 twin dreamer. And I would love to visit the Osmotheque one day. It is my second choice after seeing Normandy, which is the only reason DH would ever travel there.
I wore Rose de Petra for the first half of the day; now in Le Lion, which brings me to the poll:
1. Le Lion. Can’t wait for it to be available in the US since I won’t be traveling any time soon.
2. Nothing really. I keep a fairly small collection and so far everything works (though some more than others).
3. I miss Paris. I love it there in December. I’d bring Coromandel.
Have a wonderful weekend everybody!
Any definitive word yet on when Le Lion will be available in the US?
No definitive word. I’ve heard January 2021 mentioned.
1. Memo Winter Palace. Not gonna happen because I did, after all, end up with some fragrance in the Sephora VIB sale. Still treasuring every tiny drop of my portion of hajusuuri’s split.
2. Either FlowerBomb or EL Tuberose Gardenia. Neither is really “me.” The former is a gift but I’d rather wear Angel if I want to go in that direction. The latter was a “well, I like tuberose and I like gardenia” blind buy — with Nordstrom points back when I had them.
3. Rome. It makes me almost weep just to imagine myself there.
What did you get at the sale?
Good poll! I had to think! I am currently feeling overwhelmed by my collection, and by many lemmings, but a little discipline would probably make me divert funds to Chanel No. 19 extrait. I am going to be voting Kenzo L’Elephant off the island. Ellie gets one more chance when the weather gets cold, but everytime, it becomes the Plug-ins aisle at Kroger or the Yankee Candle store entrance on me. The notes and Kenzo so make me want to love it…it gets one more chance…just one…. Fantasy vacation is a walking tour in the Scottish highlands in high summer with nights spent at cozy inns, preferably with a house cat sitting at the end of the bar, and a game of darts or backgammon. Perfume would be the Chanel No. 19.
We are twins x 3: Chanel No. 19, L’Osmotheque and walking in the Scottish highlands. M. Allo and I have a trip (planned) for Summer 2021 to walk part of the Pennine Way.
Thanks for the encouragement. I will probably stay in the U.S. next year, but after that, I should make a plan like you have done. I had a drive through the Highlands in 1975, and it has called to me ever since
1) Jo Malone’s Dark Amber and Ginger Lily
2) I used to (very briefly) have in my possession a sample of Hugo Boss Man. I could not throw that stuff away fast enough, it was that atrocious. And waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too strong. And by strong I mean you can smell it down the street strong. So, if I ever happen to find myself in possession of it again, that’s what would get voted off.
3) A long weekend fall getaway to a charming and cozy New England b&b. With maybe some Sweet William? I think that would kinda match the enviros.
Today’s soup of the day: Saturday. Because it’s Saturday.
Thanks for the laugh on Hugo Boss Man. I needed it! ?. I will keep it in mind just in case a sample falls by accident in my hands!
Most like to add… TF Bitter Peach, I think, though it seems he is issuing travel sizes routinely now, so I’m going to wait to see if Bitter Peach appears in the travel size.
Voting off… well, it’s finally fall here today (first rain of the winter!) so I’ll be switching summer and winter fumes shortly. Ask me again when I’ve done that
Vacation. Anywhere, anytime. We were supposed to be in Antarctica right about now. Grrr. Next year!
Today’s my birthday! Thank you America for a very nice gift I haven’t yet decided on what my perfume-gift-to-self will be. Hmmmmmm
Happy Scented Birthday Pixel! Enjoy! ?✨??
Happy Birthday Pixel!
Yes, the world, the environment, the planet have been gifted! Happy birthday and looking forward to knowing what the perfume present will be ?
Happy Birthday, Pixel! Enjoy! ???
I’m betting they do a Bitter Peach travel spray.
Very happy birthday Pixel!!
(Everyone, I know it’s hard but please keep the politics tamped down!)
Happy Birthday Pixel!
Good to see you!
The world has been watching America,South Africa is happy the election is concluded!
Happy birthday! I just got the Lost Cherry travel spray, hopefully they will do the same for Bitter Peach.
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a fun birthday evening at home. DH cooked a roast duck (this recipe: https://juliasalbum.com/how-to-cook-duck/) … delicious. And we watched A Hard Day’s Night, which I hadn’t seen in years. Beatles, yay!
Happy belated birthday, pixel! ?
1. Perfume I would like to add to my collection: no major candidates right now. I got a sample of Commes de Garçon Kyoto but I already have a lot of incense so I am holding out. I also like Molton Brown Milk Musk – but ditto “ I have a lot like it”. Holding out for something else.
2. Perfume off the island: I adore Escentric Molecule 2 but Escentric Molecule 1 is just “meh”. But husband hates it – told me he NEVER wants me to use it. I was using it as a drawer spray but husband detects it and a has a fit.
3. Vacation destination: lots on my list here – I really want to visit Big Bend, I want to go back to the Berkshires, I want to visit Jackson, Wyoming and Santa Fe. (sigh)
I went with husband to a racetrack today. I was more intrigued by the vintage cars than the racing. I realized this may have been my first outing in almost a year. We wore our masks.
I really liked milk musk body lotion. Which fragrances do you feel are similar to it?
What I want to add to my collection is Hiram Green’s Vivacious.
What I am voting off the island is Memo Sham’s Oud. I got a new oud, Gissah Miral, and I have not worn the Memo since.
I want to go to Banff, and stay at the Fairmont, or whatever they are calling the big castley hotel there these days, and just lounge and soak in the hot pools, and get massages, and I would douse myself in Mon Precieux Nectar and have a little rest cure.
And don’t they have Le Labo products at the Fairmont? True confession: I coerced my husband in to procuring extra Rose 31 soap, shampoo and body wash on a recent stay there…
I love your vacation plan.
Oh curious about your Gissah Miral, can you tell me more?
It’s a mellow but quite smoky Oud with a lot of floral elements that pop in and out. Jasmine, maybe Iris, don’t get Rose but summery flowers, all pretty but the Oud is dominant. It’s oddly fascinating, and I wear it regularly.
Hi All! I went to work this morning, only to find out I was scheduled tonight and had to go home, then come back. It’s been a long day.
1. I’ve been eyeing TF Black Orchid Parfum. Also Sol de Janeiro Cheirosa. I can always find something to want, lol
2. I would vote off Angel Liquor version. I hate it so much.. seriously.
3. I think I will go hang out on Johanob’s estate while he’s off carousing in New York. I would wear his Eldo Bendelirious ?
Sotd was KVD Sinner. I smelled ok.
Hey wanna do a houseswap for a week or so?Hehe!
I loved that movie The Holiday where they swapped homes/countries and actually found love and much much more….
I’ll leave the keys to all my perfume cupboards for you,you can shop and spritz to your hearts’ content!Hehe!
It’s no secret I made sure to have a 5 lifetimes’ supply of Bendelirious,so happy days for us both smelling fabulous.I think you might enjoy it here,in all honesty.Acres of land and lush greenery,esp now after the rains,for daily walks,pizza at the country club…I hope you’ll have fun at my place!
It all sounds wonderful!
I want to come stay too! SA is gorgeous. I’ll spray your perfumes and sit by the pool drinking tea and dunking Ouma’s buttermilk rusks.
Hahaha!”Doop n ouma”!!I LOVE those rusks,it’s an institution in SA as you probably know!
You are more than welcome my dear T!
??(a pool party with tea,now THAT is an idea!?)
Never got to sniff the Liquor version of Angel. What bugs you about it?
It has what I believe is honey in it, and honey and I just don’t get along.
My poll responses:
1. Kilian Angels’ Share and the whole set of Les Indemodables (maybe I should start with a Discovery Set)
2. I really should Konmari my collection!
3. Vatican, no waiting in line and have access to insiders only nooks and crannies. Perfume – something with beeswax and / or insence.
I’m with you on all three (although I want the Ormaie collection too)! This time I will bring my binoculars to the Sistine Chapel. The ceiling is so high you really can’t see much detail.
? and a mirror!
I have been curious about Ormaie…several vanillas. Arielle Shoshana had a sample set which was OOS and I put my email to be notified when back in stock but now is no longer listed on the site it appears. Have you tried them please?
I have the full sample set but haven’t tried them yet, it’s on the agenda for this week. I already bought L’Ivrée Bleue blind before getting the samples, good stuff.
I have probably mentioned this before, but for part of the year (late spring thru early fall, I think) they offer night tours of the Vatican Museum on Fridays. It’s amazing. Only parts of the museum are open, but it’s the most important parts, and the crowds are maybe 10% of the daytime crowds. When we went, DH & I were sometimes the only people in a room; and we got to sit (yes, sit!) in the Sistine Chapel for as long as we wanted. The guards eventually turned out the lights to try to get folks to leave the Sistine Chapel, but there are windows up high so we still had plenty of light — nobody moved. It was magical.
Oh wow, we were packed in like sardines and hustled out after five minutes.
I’m going to remember this for my dreamed of visit to Italy!
Thanks for the intel, pixel (hey this rhymes!)!
Les Indemodables is an excellent line.
I am very hopeful!
Just sent you an email!
Les Indemodables line sounds really good. Have not heard abt it but something to explore!!
Love Les Indemodables, especially Cuir de Chine and Iris Velours (is that the right name? Anyway, the iris one!) Also Chypre Azuree. Les Ormaie are also lovely the with truly great bottles, although I don’t reach for the two I have nearly as much as for Les Indemodables.
I have been pretty lazy on posting this weekend. It’s my last official day of vacation and a little bummed about it. I am doing some Christmas budgeting. Well, trying to. I am in Memoir at the moment but will be wearing something else post shower.
1. I keep hoping for a bottle of Cormandel but have had some setbacks with saving for it.
2. I have no idea off the top of my head.
3. I would either have to go with either Iceland or Scotland. Probably drenched in either Mitsouko or Feminite du Bois.
Sorry your vacation is over, Dawn!
Perfume I would add to my collection? Chamade extrait.
Voted off? Alamut by Villoresi. (I used a gift certificate to get it and have never taken to it…)
Vacation getaway? Too many places to choose from. But…an extended road trip through the Alps, covering multiple countries and multiple seasons.
I was a mashup yesterday of Angel Muse, Sylvaine Delacourte Dovana and a bit of rose oil. If I do say so, I was pretty gorgeous…at some point late afternoon my husband asked what I was wearing. So, it lasted and came together.
Pulled trigger on some Shalimar body lotion on discount site as well as a mini of YSL Cinema. I decided to try the Cinema instead of another Shalimar version, such as Souffle Intense, since I was getting the body lotion.
In an effort to avoid news the other day, I clicked on ” the scariest bridges of the world” there were a couple in the Alps. I wouldn’t be able to cross them.
Uh oh. I’ve been known to freak out on high passes. It’s better, though. if I’m driving. I’ve wanted to go from Yosemite to Mammoth Lakes, but I think I’d probably have a panic attack on Tioga Pass. (Some of those Sierra passes that close in winter are scary.)
Scariest bridge I have ever been across:
I enjoy Cina much more than Shalimar (heresy).
I would gladly join you in your trip through the Alps, I love those mountains.
Sotd is Hermes Jardine Sur Le Toit, layered with my new winter apple shower gel. If I ignore the position of the sun, I can pretend it’s spring?
Apparently I won the October employee of the month. I just found out. It only took 3 and a half years, lol. I get a twenty dollar gift card to the store. I have to wait though until my store manager gets out of quarantine. I’m going to use it towards some winter boots.
Congratulations! I mailed your package yesterday and will email you the tracking number later today.
Congratulations on your win! Hope you find some nice boots.
Congratulations, lillyjo. As far as I am concerned, you should be Employee of the Year!
Congratulations, Lillyjo! You deserve it! ??
Excellent news lillyjo! Congratulations!
Congratulations, and I am betting you are the most wonderfully fragrant Employee of the Month your workplace has *ever* had! Because NST!
Hey, congratulations lillyjo! You are way more than deserving! ?
Congrats lillyjo!?You deserve it!
Hi all, happy Sunday. My SOTD is Shalimar’s Souffle Intense for a very cool and blustery day.
Planning my Thanksgiving menu for a small gathering of five friends in our ‘pod’. My contribution is a mixed bitter-greens salad, Sweet Potato Pone with whipped egg nog, and a sweet potato salad with chiles, feta cheese, and dates. Headed out to walk, everyone have a great day!
Sweet Potato Pone recipe:
Butternut squash salad with feta, dates and chiles
That Souffle Intense is just wonderful. People, for the cost it is such a winner! I like it more each time I wear it. It made me decided not to blind buy Philtre, although that was a major lemming, and wait for a test.
RIP Alex Trebek.
I am gutted.
2020, you suck so hard.
Oh gosh, I hadn’t seen that.
Worst year no matter how you look at it.
I had tears in my eyes typing the post.
I just saw this. He worked until the end …
I can only hope that I face adversity with half the grace and poise that he did. Such a class act.
Very sad news! Even though expected I was shocked!
Yep. He seemed to be doing so well, even with the diagnosis.
Just left a comment below about AT.
2020 needs to take a serious time-out. Like, waaay past due for one.
Alex Trebek was truly one of a kind. He’s going to be terribly missed.
I have written something like three not-quite-finished posts this week and never got back to finish them.
Add: PHI une rose de Kandahar. Or Slowdive. But I’m on a no-buy. Which is why I just got an expensive candle and like 19 samples ??♀️ that doesn’t count, right?
Vote off: …not sure, I like all of my pretties.
Fall Getaway: I’ll pick New Zealand since it’s spring there. North Island. I’d love to visit Hobbiton. And some hot springs and beaches.
I’m wearing Lyric today, and it’s still too much of something for me but I can’t put my finger on it.
The weather here has gone from fall to winter and almost back to summer in the last month, it’s supposed to get to 74 (23)today so I’m enjoying what I can.
Hope there’s some quality relax time in store for you!
Last week I put together some used-coffee-ground scrub with coconut oil, sugar, salt, vanilla and Vetiver drops. And today – in my full laziness I decided to just add my shower gel to it for a 2 in one effect. I’m trying to use up my Body Shop mango shower gel, so went with that and accidentally discovered my dream perfume has notes of mango, Vetiver and coffee!
It got topped off – post shower – with SMN Melograno: all worked well for an oppressively hot day ?
I need to go research homemade scents with coffee grounds, now. Some scrub prices are absolutely ridiculous. I like the idea of making use of something I’m otherwise throwing on the garbage.
*scrubs with coffee grounds
I love the idea of up-cycling and I love coffee! Some say it’s better to use fresh coffee in order to give more caffeine to skin. If I did that I would need to buy a lower quality brand though and I wouldn’t get the extra use of my used coffee ground. As it is I only reuse a fraction of the amount I use for actual coffee ?
1. A few candidates: Tonka Impériale is probably the front runner. Other candidates being Boutonnière No.7, Hermès Cuir d’Ange, NV Bombay Bling and the Yuzu thingie that Patrica de Nicolaï launched a little while ago. Plus I can’t get Orchidée Vanille out of my mind, Mon Guerlain would be nice, and Arquiste Ella, plus Akro Awake and Malt, Parle Moi de Parfum Totally White.
2. I can’t even remember its name but it is some sort of cologne that I got a few years ago, by an unknown brand. It’s not great but I finish it off as bath freshener.
3. Les Mées, near le plateau de Valensole so I can stock up on olive oil at my favourite place in Dabisse.
I will never, ever travel with only one fragrance.
1.Muresque has been purchased but just hasn’t arrived yet.
2.Volkamaria would get voted off–it just has never smelled as good on me as the day I bought it as a souvenir in Copenhagen
3.For travel, an over the water bungalow somewhere tropical. I’d bring a sample if Le Wild with me but end up ignoring it because of wearing sunscreen
I’m in MFK CPLS, which always seems to work, except for really hot weather.
1. In my fantasy world, I’d get a bottle of MPG Santal Noble or MFK Grand Soir. But I’d be happy with a bottle of JHAG Anyway, or a discovery set from Rania J.
2. Voted off the island would be Ninfeo Mio. I want to like it, and the notes say I should, but I just don’t.
3. Fall getaway: okay, I’d fly to LA with my sisters and my two girl cousins to meet up with my daughter. We’d spend a few days playing in LA, then drive north along the coast, stopping in any town or city we please. Actually, I’d love it if there was train service on the coast, and there very well might be. Six chicks on the road! I’d bring an assortment of decants: Chanel Cologne, Eau de Hadrien, Orange Sanguine, Mandarine Basilic, Hermès Voyage edt, Sulfureaux 1885, L’Occitane Herbae. That would keep everyone happy!
Erm, I don’t own the Mandarine Basilic, Sulfureax or the Herbae, so would have to rephrase… ?
Your getaway sounds like so much fun! Hope you get to do it someday!
SotD = Encens Mythique. I have the “second wave” version, but today the ambergris is shining out more like the “first edition” samples I had. The saffron and woods are in perfect harmony and they are singing about the rose. I think I will be wearing this more. Not sure what made me pick it today!
They should hire you to write the copy cos that sounds gorgeous!
1. Clinique Wrappings! Nuff said. ?
2. I prefer the term “rehomed”. There are quite a few perfumes that I need to smell again, to see if they are in need of new homes. My tastes in perfume seem to have shifted in the past couple of years, so I know not to assume anything.
3. I’d like to go back to Washington state, and visit my BFF. She lives about an hour’s drive away from Olympia. I haven’t seen her since 2010. We email almost daily, though. Don’t travel with perfume.
SOTWeekend = Cristalle EdT. Fits beautifully with the warm and sunny weather I have been enjoying.
You smell marvelous!
After a day of elation yesterday, I am sad again about hearing the news about Alex Trebek. I DVR/watch Jeopardy! every nite. Bit of an emotional yo-yo right now. SOTD: Santal 33. Love it.
Hi everyone, not new to NST, but finally going from lurking to posting..
1. PG Indochine has been at the top of my to-buy list forever, but recently I have been craving leather scents.. I might sample Cuir Beluga or FM Cuir and Rose if I can!
2. Tbh I might have to send Chanel Sycomore away… I used to love the smoky vetiver but as of late it’s just too dry and harsh.
3. Well, I canceled my wedding because of the pandemic, so the trip I would most want to go on is a honeymoon… we were dreaming about Vietnam, or Italy – so I would choose one of those destinations, and wear Diptyque Tam Dao either way!
Hi cc, welcome to NST!
Hello, I’m curious about that Malle too!