Happy Easter, everyone! It's time to fill your (fantasy) Easter basket:
1. You can pick one perfume, new or old: what is it?
2. And you can have one other scented product (a candle, a body lotion, anything): what is it?
3. Your favorite candy?
4. And any random present you'd like the Easter bunny to bring you.
Note: top image shows The Easter Egg Dozen from Georgetown Cupcake, $60 at Saks.
Perfume I’d like: Le Labo Benjoin 19
Scented product: Cire Trudon Sanctus candle
Favourite candy: 70% dark chocolate
Random present: a big, comfy reading chair
My scent for yet another cold, rainy day is Noir Épices.
Have you got a favorite brand of 70 % dark chocolate?
I thought I’d LOVE Noir Epices, based on the name and notes, but it just didn’t do it for me. Hope you get sunshine soon up north!
I usually buy local brands made in Montréal by artisanal chocolate makers, but two of the brands I really like that you should be able to find are Dandelion of San Francisco and Marou of Vietnam.
Mmm, I’m a big fan of Dandelion, so clearly we have similar chocotastes I’ll have to seek out Marou, then! Thanks for the rec.
Before I’d finished reading that sentence I was thinking “Dandelion! Dandelion! Dandelion!”
Way too lazy this AM to come up with proper answers, but yours might do the trick for me! I might change the Le Labo to Tonka, but not necessarily, and I am fairly agnostic about which Cire Trudon candle … but throw in chocolate (Burdick’s?) a comfortable reading spot (must be properly lit and have a cat curled up nearby) and I am a happy woman indeed.
Good morning, NSTers! Tomorrow I’ll wear Ostara, of course, but today I’m wearing Passage d’Enfer and smelling mighty lovely.
1. You can pick one perfume, new or old: what is it? Cardamusc, maybe? Ever since a kind NSTer sent me Camel, I’ve had trouble answering this question.
2. And you can have one other scented product (a candle, a body lotion, anything): what is it? FM Portrait of a Lady body butter! Expensive stuff.
3. Your favorite candy? Cheap candy? I do love me some Cadbury mini eggs. Good candy? I’m missing Criollo, a chocolaterie in Toulouse. The chocolateries near me now are more expensive and less good Also, I’m just now realizing how many more chocolateries there are in France than in the US. Seriously, they’re EVERYWHERE.
4. And any random present you’d like the Easter bunny to bring you. My health goals, completed, on a silver platter! Getting healthy is hard. Grump.
Time to go for a hike and enjoy the natural beauty of CA before it’s all developed over! Happy Easter weekend to those celebrating We’ll be “celebrating” by making a lamb roast and Easter bread tonight!
I’m glad to hear you like Camel!
It’s such a gorgeous scent!
Oh, I would take an FM body butter too!
I want the Easter bunny to bring me my health goals as well! ? And yum on lamb and bread!
I’m with you, Koyel, on that body butter!! Camel is nice, too.
Hi all, first a quick PSA: anyone in the Seattle area (or vistiting!) who would like to meet up for sniffing (or maybe a get-together at my house in Ballard) please message me via my screen name above. It’s so much fun to meet up with other fragrance fans and I was thinking we could bring things to swap/sell/give away or if people prefer, we could just all plan to go somewhere to sniff. Please let me know what you think. I’m thinking May or June, on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
Now the Easter basket poll:
1) one perfume: the new Memo Winter Palace (this is completely unsniffed)
2) scented body product: Carthusia Mediterraneo linen spray (sort of a body product…)
3) favorite candy: not particularly Easter-ish but I’ve been remembering how my dad used to bring my mom some amazing penuche fudge that she loved, and I’d love some of that again (this was at least 45 years ago!)
4) Easter bunny to bring: a kayak! or even just that Nest candle on the Daily Lemming post.
There’s a Mediterraneo linen spray?!? Must Have It Now!
Yep! At Beautyhabit (and I think also CO Bigelow). Not affiliated with either of them, more’s the pity.
Thank you! My linens thank you too. ?
Seriously, I did not know this either.
1. Perfume pick: MFK GUM–I have a sample but want a bottle.
2. Another scented product: Archipelago candle probably in Stonehenge.
3. Favorite candy: kind of crazy but just not in a candy mood lately. Probably Harry & David dark chocolate truffles.
4. Another random product: A good new hip? Hmmm? Just a nice big bowl of fresh berries with heavy cream? (Rehab center food and menus leave a lot to be desired.)
Sorry to put my post in the wrong place!
The more, the merrier!
Oh, the Archipelago candles! I behaved very badly in a Somerset bookstore once – no book-buying, “What is that scent??” (Archipelago Havana, that’s what)
Aww, fingers crossed for your #4.
OMGosh, I here you on hospital/rehab food! After my extended stay, I gave serious thought to opening a hospital food delivery service–bringing real, delicious food to folks while they heal. I couldn’t understand how they expected me to get better with the stuff I was served.
Any chance family or friends could bring you something to reheat? That’s what I did, eventually. Homemade spaghetti and Hagen Daz bars. (I needed them for strength, you understand.)
Hope the hip rehab is going well, and sorry the food is uninspiring.
I hope the Easter bunny brings you a kayak! Kayaking is one of my favorite things ever.
1) Profumum Roma Santalum. Next time Osswald has a sale (surely for Mother’s Day??) I am ALL OVER IT.
2) Just indulged in The Body Shop’s sale so I have a bottle of Cactus Blossom shower gel winging my way. We’ll see what that’s like.
3) Candy : dark chocolate of course. Perhaps Chocolove Ginger.
4) Easter bunny gift : early retirement! It was back to work this week after two weeks of vacation, and all my co-workers are cranky and stressed, bleah.
It seems I missed Donatella’s visit, but since I actually stuck to my goals for the first time EVER, I wish to confess anyway! My goals were to limit buys to 2 FB’s a month, and to pay for my purchases with sales of scents I no longer wear. SUCCESS!
I bought these:
1. Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Scent Incense Suede
2. Rasei Fort Kolonya
3. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Passiflora
4. Guerlain Eau de Cashmere
5. Atelier des Ors Bois Sikar
6. Memo Moon Fever
(I wish I could say this was a well-thought-out list of purchases, but nope, impulse still rules.)
And I bought several minis, which don’t count:
1. Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Tsukiyo-En
2. NV Pichola
3. Cartier Carat
4. Helmut Lang EdP
5. Atelier Pacific Lime
6. MMM Under The Lemon Tree
7. Hendley Untitled
(also acquired FBs of Carthusia Capri Forget Me Not and Fragrances of Ireland Innisfree and a mini of Zoologist Trex in the swapmeet, but those were not technically purchases, so of course don’t count)
Meanwhile, I swapped sold or gave away 22 FBs, 7 minis, and 7 decants, and my sales more than paid for my purchases. Yes!
Wow! And ?to all of this! Sorry about the stressed coworkers.
Congratulations on meeting your perfume goals!
Wow, huge congrats!
And if you think of it, please report back on the Cactus Blossom.
Aye aye, captain!
Wow!!! Congrats on your limited purchases, and on selling things to pay for the purchases! I didn’t even know there was a new AdO. Kind of bummed to have fallen so behind that line :-/ I’ve loved every one of their scents I’ve tried. Must go look up Bois Sikar now.
Bois Sikar is brilliant! I’ve reviewed it on my blog, if you’re interested.
Oh how lovely! I didn’t know you had a blog. I also didn’t know about the AdO White Collection, which I see you’ve also reviewed! Thanks for sharing
Ok just looked up Bois Sikar and now I’ve decided I must sniff it. Can’t believe I haven’t seen this one mentioned on NST yet!
It’s a weirdo. The opening is… let’s say… challenging. But if you stick with it past the first 30 minutes, it settles down into a great tobacco scent. I can send you a sniffer…
How generous of you; I’d love to try it out! Thanks!
I’m very surprised to hear you say the opening is challenging, since nothing about the AdO scents I’m familiar with has been at all challenging. Maybe they’re venturing into new, weirder territory.
Pixel, what fabulous goals, and it is so exciting that you met your goals! And got such great stuff!
Amouage Fate. Spell check changed it to “Amputate.” ?
Your spell-checker is funnier than mine. I have to say, though, that mine now corrects ME when I misspell Mediterraneo.
LOL! Now THAT would be some PERFUME!
Spellchecker MUST know you are a nurse…hahahaha!!
My poll answers:
1. You can pick one perfume, new or old: what is it?
Hermes Doblis parfum. There’s an unopened bottle on evilbay right now, listed at 45 thousand euros. The Easter Bunny has unlimited resources, right?
2. And you can have one other scented product (a candle, a body lotion, anything): what is it?
That perfect bell jar of De Profundis I’ve been lemming for the last four or five years.
3. Your favorite candy?
Caramels. Preferably with sea salt sprinkles.
4. And any random present you’d like the Easter bunny to bring you.
See #1 above (really, if Mr. Bunny comes through with that, I don’t need 2 or 4).
SOTM is Mediterraneo. Actually, I just sniffed my wrist and I should have said WAS Mediterraneo. It’s fleeting, but I still love it.
Truly. Isn’t that just over the top?
A wee bit maybe, ha.
Sotd is Armani Prive Rouge Malachite, from a sample. Smells very similar to Alien.
1. I would love a full bottle of vintage Fendi, or KL. Newer: Oriental Express or Over the Musk.
2. L’eau shower gel
3. I really like Cadbury chocolate and nut bars.
4. I would love a gift certificate to my dentist or car repair shop. My ongoing wish is always for my children to gain the ability to live independently. I would give up all I have and borrow the rest for that.
Lillyjo, I join you in the last part of #5. (and actually would take a gift certificate too, ha)
Great answers lillyjo and you have some really great scents on your list!
Yes to certificate for deferred maintenance— in our case our house?!
And children becoming independent… throwing in an extra prayer for my youngest…
Lillyjo, I hope your #4 comes true!
Happy Easter to all celebrating! Because of holidays and Esxence coming up few days later I won’t be around much next week.
1. Hermessence Musc Pallida. Awesome but pricy enough to make me hide my wallet.
2. How about that new oriental rose shower gel from Yves Rocher. A lot of NSTers have been talking about it.
3. Chocolate with caramel filling.
4. Better deals on flights, I had to book a few lately, not good for my credit card.
Sotd is Iris Pallida from L’Artisan.
You smell great today! I’m always bummed that Yves Rocher doesn’t offer any of their seasonal fragrances in the US. I get their mailers and emails, but not near as many choices as other markets.
Yeah, I’ve heard about it from Undina. That’s why I sent her a bottle of Cotton Flower Mimosa shower gel knowing how big mimosa fan she is.
Agreed! Would love to be able to sample their scents too – anything I order from them is a blind buy.
Finally gave in and bought a bottle of Au Dela. Now I want to swim in it.
I’m still looking for a perfect match body lotion to go with Rose Jam shower gel. I want more rose, but with a luxurious body butter kind of consistency. I bet Amouage (Lyric?) or a similar line makes something fabulous my wallet is better off for me not knowing.
Green and Black sea salt MILK chocolate bars are delicious and don’t trigger my migraines. My stores don’t carry it any more, pooh.
And I would like the Easter bunny to give me a completely finished home, with all my stuff already in it and in *exactly* the right spots. ???
Congrats on your new bottle
Thanks. New bottles are pretty few and far betwwen for me these days. It feels so special to smell like something new!
Funny, I just gave away my bottle of Au Dela. It’s a beautiful scent but there must be some cumin in it. My skin amps cumin. I just and I just couldn’t get past it.
Interesting. I will have to sniff for the cumin. Not that I mind cumin; I wear Femme.
I’m with you on cumin, Petunia, my nose ferret it out every time and it ruins a scent for me.
I just bought a sample of Au Dela this week and it is glorious! You smell wonderful!!!
Thanks! It feels very right for spring at the moment.
I bought the BF sample set expecting to like Lamp Black best, but Au Dela won me over.
Yep, it won me over on first sample sniff. Could have knocked me over with a feather. I was completely blindsided in the best possible way? Enjoy!
What’ya know….I made it to a weekend post! Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter/Passover/Weekend….
Perfume I’d like in my basket: Ex Idolo Lucid Dream
Scented product: Just about any candle. My hubs ONLY likes vanilla candles, but I like a little variety burning!
Fave candy: Hershey kisses. Maybe some plain M&Ms?
Random present: Gift card for a SPA DAY! Come on E.BUNNY!
Oops! Forgot! Working by myself today, so I’m in 2 sprays of Clinique Aromatics Elixir….one of my all-time faves. It’s cold and rainy, so this is warming me up!
I’m so happy you get to wear your AE to work. Enjoy!
Happy Easter weekend, all. The Easter Bunny, or any rabbit, could bring me:
1. A back-up bottle of Lutens Douce Amere, the only Serge I still love enough.
2. I’d go for a really high-tech and effective scent diffuser, something I could program to waft different notes throughout the day, according to my moods and activities, and controlled via voice. Sci-fi as of this morning, but a girl can dream.
3. Chewy home made caramels. I don’t like the soft, syrupy stuff that oozes out of a chocolate square, and seems to be primarily dyed corn syrup. I like my caramels old school – made with cream, butter and sugar – and with some tooth.
4. I would like a home renovation, done by professionals while I go off to a two-week long spa retreat. I get a little weary of seeing all of the stuff in my house that needs fixing……
What’s great in my life today, though, is that I’m currently in a lovely cloud of Fils de Dieu, thanks to Deva. My initial impressions are that it is extremely well blended. It’s got a boatload of all kinds of notes that I love, but the resulting scent is quite smooth and balanced, without any of the notes seeming to predominate.
Smelling good is a constant joy.
So happy you liked it! I find it a very optimistic and happy scent. Kind of like a 1950’s Doris Day enjoying a jaunty and playful walk with Rock Hudson through a cute little downtown, with sun blasting, flowers blooming, and the nice tap-tap-tapping of her heels as she simultaneously flirts and bounces down the sidewalk with the aforementioned swell.
Hmmm, that’s a fairly well developed scent image you got going there – is it time for a retro vacation to a sunny resort town?
I smell marvelous, and yes, optimistic!
1. anything Vintage
2. Parfums Nicholai candle, do they still do those?
3. Give me a dark chocolate
4. The bottle of Greek white wine that was mentioned here yesterday, Procescco, a middle eastern cookbook, a Chanel lipstick, Mariage Freres Tea, and for a pill ? that will cure this cold ?
About your number 2: most certainly. She has a large and varied collection of candles, roomsprays and lamp-oils. I really like the candles.
Get well soon!
Wearing kind of a strange combo for my SOTD, but it works – Tauer Amber Flush body oil and Eau de Neroli Dore. The body oil really brings out the spiciness in Neroli Dore.
Now for the poll…
1. Hmm, I’m pretty happy with my collection right now, but one thing I’d love to try is vintage Eau Sauvage.
2. One of those Korres olive oil shower gels from the Daily Lemming post last week.
3. Jelly Bellys!
4. A good book. I’ve been in a reading slump lately. Or a refill of the delicious Cream Earl Grey tea I bought in California earlier this month and will finish before long.
What kind of books do you like to read? I can try to recommend some.
Some of my favorite authors are Ann Patchett, Barbara Kingsolver, and Jhumpa Lahiri. I’ve been reading a lot of non-fiction lately, and I really miss reading a good story!
Of your favorite authors, I’ve only read Barbara Kingsolver and and love her writing. Have you read any Margaret Atwood? If not, I’d recommend The Blind Assassin and Alias Grace to start. I’m reading The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead right now and am really liking it. Also, this may be a bit dark for your taste, but My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite was a fun read. It manages to be funny when dealing with a serious subject. If you haven’t read The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Klay by Michael Chabon, you must. I love it so much. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout is wonderful. Middle sexy by Jeffrey Eugenides, The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera, and I love Toni Morrison and Jane Austen (very different writers, of course).
That’s a good start hopefully! Maybe something here will bring you back to good fiction reading.
Bah. Tried to get my reading group to read The Underground Railroad. No go. The most vocal of our group was agitating for There There, but I haven’t the appetite just now for it. So I managed a successful bid for Exit West . . . but at the moment I am reading hormone-infused fantasy teen lit recommended by my younger son—the second book in the Black Witch series . . . Fun if not terribly edifying.
I went through a Nixon phase a few months ago, and bought 3 serious tomes that I am now eyeing warily. Hence The Iron Flower reading at the moment!
Lol just saw that Middlesex was autocorrected to Middle sexy.
I’ve read a little bit of Atwood, and Middlesex (lol at “Middle sexy”) is one of my ALL TIME favorite books. Thank you for the suggestions! I’m sure there’s lots of good stuff in that list.
P.S. I strongly recommend Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.
If you enjoy Ann Patchett you might like the Australian/Sri Lankan Michelle de Kretser especially her novel Questions of Travel. It explores that sense of displacement and exoticism and priviledge you sometimes find in Patchett ( eg. State of Wonder).
Sarah Hall is a British writer who writes terrific short stories but her novel The Wokf Border might appeal because of its connection to the possibility wilderness within modern day Britain as it considers the reintroduction of wolves.
And finally, Canadian author Elizabeth Hay’s Late Nights on Air. Beautifully described , a woman trans located to a small town working late night radio. More internal than the other two and more poetic, spare.
Many thanks, Kanuka! It takes me so long to get through a novel these days that short stories seem like a good way to get back into it. I love radio, so Late Nights on Air appeals too.
1 Theo Fennell. I can’t find it anywhere, and I love it.
2 Candle Box Nag Champagne. A tiny brand with a fantastic scent
3 Milk chocolate with raspberries or caramel
4 A trip to Moscow. This is on my bucket list, but not happening soon.
So that’s a nag champa candle by a company called Box? Was curious but can’t find it!
This is close, but not exact either: https://candleboxcompany.com/products/bold-collection-7-5-oz?variant=12598827974719
That is it! There are 3 candles in the intense line – Leather, Firewood and Nag Champa
The company is called Candle Box.
Wore during the day what I should have worn yesterday to the community project – Vanille Insensee. It’s my first bottle, but it will definitely be repurchased, such a no-brainer, also I associate it with creativity because of a memory so it’s got an emotional side to it as well. In the evening I a dabbed on a bit of my Amouage Bracken Woman sample, and I love it quite a lot, I’m contemplating getting a bigger sample, it’s gorgeous.
1. Vilhelm Perfumerie Dear Polly – it’s growing on me a LOT. Shame on the price tag though.
2. A soap from Atelier Cologne, some of their scents are too simple to wear as a perfume, but I imagine they make great soaps. Would be nice to try.
The Atelier soaps are pretty nice, if rather on the large and unwieldy size.
Oh that’s good to hear! Not about the size… but at least they last a while, I imagine.
Totally agree about Dear Polly, interesting and wearable and overpriced.
Yes, and it has great longevity.
Re: #1 – it comes in an 18 mL travel spray
Oh it is very tempting! But still, for that price you get at least 30 ml at some other niche houses. I’ll see how much I’ll crave it after my sample is gone.
I love their soaps. Some have more scent than others. Grand neroli is the best, imho
Grand Neroli is exactly the one I had in mind! Awesome to hear it’s good!
Today I’m wearing Cologne pour le Soir, from the never-going-to-end bottle. At four sprays per wearing, this is a lifetime supply. No need for a backup here! Today’s plans include making pho and tzatziki. English cucumbers were on sale and I had yogurt, so a no-brainer. I roasted the beef bones yesterday for the pho broth, and got some nice dripping. Tomorrow’s Easter dinner will be a lamb chop, mint jelly, and Yorkshire pudding.
1. You can pick one perfume, new or old: what is it?
Vintage Crabtree & Evelyn Extract of Mysore Sandalwood. Ebay sometimes has bottles selling around $600…
2. And you can have one other scented product (a candle, a body lotion, anything): what is it?
Not really into other scented products. Every once in a while I burn some Japanese incense, but I don’t need any more.
3. Your favorite candy? See’s Pecan Buds. I get a two-pound box and eat one every day. Runner-up is TJ’s $5 Milk Chocolate and Almond bar.
4. And any random present you’d like the Easter bunny to bring you.
Please Easter bunny, I would like a cure for jet lag. It took me three weeks to normalize after Singapore.
Love tzatziki, and pho!
Yuuuummm! Love pho and tzatziki.
Hello darling friends!!
Whew….what a week/month/year so far!!
I miss coming to visit NST regularly!
For those of you interested and on Insta,the page is up!(finally!!).I hope to snap some cool pics of my little perfumed apartment soon!
Nice to see some of you over there!
Happy Easter weekend to those who celebrate!
I’m in PoaL….SWOON.
Love and Hugs!!
P,SI missed Dutch-American friendship day yesterday!!
Seeing I am of Dutch ancestry,halloooo American friends!
Lief julle!!(Love you!!)…hehe.
??❤️Nice to “see” you over at Insta as well KellyC!
Welcome back, johanob!
Thank you for the warm welcome!!
This is “perfume-home”,definitely!!?❤️
Well hello there! Hope you’re having a lovely easter weekend!
Oh, o just followed you! Can’t wait to see some of your perfumed posts?
Good to see you here, and you smell divine, I recently acquired decants of POAL and it is so long lasting on my skin and I love the incense in it.
Following and looking forward to perfume apartment pics!
I would love L’Occitane Bergamot Tea that has been long discontinued.The body lotion in the same scent would be lovely or a luxury tea variety scented candle.
An Alma Chocolate edible gold leaf creation would be lovely.They are works of art!
For another gift I would love concert tickets for this summer,reserved seats not festival seating!!
What concerts are you hoping to see this summer?
Headed to a crawfish boil at a friend’s house. They had one last year and it was a great success so looking forward to this year. The have the crawfish shipped overnight from Louisiana. Wearing Assam of India.
1. BR 540
2. Diptyque Figuier candle
3. All things fruity- Sour Patch Kids, Haribo gummy bears, Laffy Taffy etc.
4. Unlimited vacation days at work
Be careful what you wish for: from what I’ve heard, most people with “unlimited” vacation days end up taking less vacation than they would with a limited yearly allowance that grows as one works at the same place. At least that’s what has happened where I work ?
I have a banana Laffy Taffy sitting on my counter waiting to give to my mom for Mother’s Day
How funny! That was always a favorite of mine when my boys would pick out candy from our local convenience store years ago when they were young. The younger of the two, when he was old enough to go to the store by himself on his bike with friends, would always bring back a small one for me with his own candy stash. Thanks so much for a sweet memory of my sweet boy (now a lovely young man)!
Wow that is a sweet boy! Sounds like you raised them right
Ahhhh crawfish boil!!! Hope it was great fun!
I’m totally down with number 4! ??
1- Cacharel Gloria or Nina Ricci Deci Dela, its a tie.
2- Roger and Gallet carnation soap, to give to my mom.
3- I had the tradition of eating a Cadbury Cream Egg every Easter until they changed the recipe.
4- Organic local strawberries, as soon as they’re ready.
Your 2 is so sweet!
I did not have that tradition, but the eggs really are not the same!
2. Volutes hair perfume or body lotion if such a product existed
3. Ferrara Torrone
3. A face lift
SOTD – Shanghai Lily
I spent a couple of weeks in Barcelona last winter, and fell in love with Spanish turron, which seems to be similar to Italian torrone. Yum.
It is very similar, Lisa D and good to eat after Gaudi gazing!
Oh my if there were any Volutes hair or body product, I’d be on board with that too! I have both the edp and edt and just love both.
Me too with the EDT and the EDP.
Volutes hair products?! Wow! Instant lemming?
1. Andy Warhol Silver Factory
2. Vintage Jolie Madame bath oil
3. Oh I love candy so much, how can I choose? Maybe those ones that look like citrus slices but are really gooey sugar
4. Tickets to that sold out Lizzo show
My that bunny has been good to me! Hope everyone is enjoying the spring.
Gooey orange slices sound good to me too!
Well, the Easter bunny unaccountably failed to swing by last year with vintage Dioressimo parfum in the amphora…
Oh, go on, I’ll take a tube of the Malle iris handcream.
I have an Easter basket this year! I visited a friend’s parents, and both she and they gave me chocolate, so I am all set.
If a gift is defined as something the recipient just couldn’t bring herself to buy on for herself, then a floor-length, silk bathrobe please.
Love your number 2!
Happy Easter to those that celebrate!
1) My perfume pick would be a perfectly preserved bottle of vintage Arpege.
2) I would love Lipstick Rose shower gel and body butter.
3) A perfect strawberry dipped in dark chocolate
4) A new ipad
SOTD is Bois de Violette because it’s raining.
I wish I had a because it’s raining perfume. I’m going to work on one.
It was super sunny here today, hope it heads your way?
I have several because it’s raining perfumes. It probably whimsical but that’s the way I roll. Plus, Oakland mentioned recently that it’s raini g violets so I guess I have a perfume earworm. ?
Perfume earworm. That WOULD be violets too!
Love your answers!
Thanks! Happy Easter Kelly! ??
Yes to all of those! Especially the Malle body product. BdV is a lovely one for the rain.
Thanks! I’m thinking La Pausa for Easter.
Or maybe Beige….
Either Chanel would be perfect. I think I’ll pull out La Pausa, too!
Double posting because I wasn’t able to answer the poll questions because, you know, work! It seriously crimps my style sometimes. ?
1. Onda VdE
2. I would like to have nice scented insoles for all my shoes. I don’t have stinky feet per sé, but wouldn’t it be glamorous to always have heels, toes, and instep beautifully scented when the old work shoes/boots come off?
3. Charleston Chew, straight out of the freezer, and smacked hard on the countertop so it shatters is small delicious frozen pieces.
4. I saw the Easter Bunny’s relative Thumper in the Sculpture Gardens in Seattle last week, so I may have whispered sweet nothings in his ear! Specifically, a nice drama free road trip to Alaska. One that both T-Rex and I would enjoy and always remember. One in which neither of us is slapped down by Mother Nature or the wickedness of mankind. We would like a trip where we meet interesting and free thinking folks (and dogs!) who believe in the wonders of nature, travel, and the future of this little rock we ride as it hurtles through space. ?
What flavor Charleston Chew is your favorite?
Hope you get your no.4!
I like the original best, but I haven’t had one in years. They are very nostalgic for me and I specifically remember one incident that revolved around a CC way back in 1976…and that’s all I’ll say about that! ?
I love to do that with vanilla Turkish taffy!!
Turkish taffy is a mystery to me, but one I will probably solve before I die! Sounds delish!??
I’m pretty sure my husband, the dear Mr. Spicebomb, keeps his Bi-mart card just for the nostagic candy. . . I am quite certain I saw Charleston Chew, along side the Big Hunks and Necco wafers. . . ?
Let me know if you need to borrow a Bi-mart card!
I’ll pass on the Bi-Mart card, thanks, but you certainly married a treasure of a man! ??
Love your answers! ❤️
I can’t wait to “travel” to Alaska vicariously through your Insta!
Madtowngirl, I’m hoping to get some fabulous photos! So excited about the real life, in the wild exposure to animals! Once when I was young, I was on a field trip to a local zoo, and I saw a wolf in a small concrete enclosure. He just paced in circles and the look of desperation in his eyes made me bust into tears. I never went to a zoo after that. I would love to see one in the wild, and if I do, I will certainly share on IG. Thanks for following along?
Will actually skip the perfume option–have way too much as it is.
But will make up for that virtuousness by requesting Senteurs d’Orient Fleurs d’Oasis products: shower gel, body oil and hand wash (assuming I like the fragrance–have never sampled). If the Easter bunny’s feeling magnanimous, I’ll take Chanel’s $230 huile jasmin.
I’d also like the candle that comes in the cobalt blue tumbler Robin posted about some weeks ago (don’t remind me!)
As for chocolate, would love a solid, non-hollow high-quality dark bunny. Hey, this is a fantasy–might as well go for broke!
I won’t remind you because I don’t even remember it! Which will hopefully save me from buying it.
1. Chanel Beige parfum extrait.
2. Chanel Exclusif Fresh Body Cream to go with Number 1.
3. My mind is hooked on this gorgeous piece of chocolate cream pie that I saw at the cafe in Ellicot City today. Which I didn’t buy and it. Which I want right now.
4. A stronger physical constitution so that I could do my own cleaning and gardening!
SOTD and Evening: L’Artisan Bucoliques de Provence. The combination of Lavender, Iris, and Suede is intoxicating on this blustery Spring evening.
Happy holidays to all that celebrate!
Oops. “Which I didn’t buy and eat”…
I love Beige EDT. I can’t even imagine extrait. Nice choices!
BTW, doing your own cleaning is not all it’s cracked up to be. Gardening OTH, is pretty rewarding. ?
I haven’t smelled the extrait, other than through the little peep-hole thing at Saks. It was divine.
I must take some kind of gardening workshop!
There was chocolate creme brulee on the brunch menu today and I did not order it and I’m still thinking about, ha!
1. A nice full bottle Guerlain Liu (not giving up on that one).
2. A luxurious Chanel body product – could be the body spray, body oil, powder – I won’t be picky, bunny!
3. Laederach chocolate (Swiss) or Luxenburgerli (Swiss macaroons).
4. A paper grader. If that’s not in the cards, then I’d like a new bathroom.
Love your answers. I hope the bunny comes through for you!
One of the teachers I work with does some kind of magic with her phone and tests. She lines it up on the camera and somehow it grades the test for her. Pretty sure it’s just a fancy version of a scantron but it *almost* makes me wish I knew and cared about technology. . .
Yes to your #4. I have four more term papers to grade today. Most of them are good, none are terribly long, but it takes….forever…to write comments that are fair, potentially helpful, and not overwhelming. Sigh.
1. Taur L’ADDM, for sure. I’ll take a mini, no problem. But uf the Easter Bunny is gifting, i wont say no to a FB.
2. Diptyque candle, not sure which one, so Dealer’s Choice.
3. Cadbury Mini Eggs. We keep them in the freezer because i love frozen chocolate.
4. Hmmm, a pair of summer sandals. Still working on which pair, but will need to have good foot support and also be super cute and go with almost everything so i can wear them to work. I usually get a pair of danskos every couple years, but open to other options at the moment.
I’ve just about drained my 10ml spray of L’Air, etc. Definitely due for a FB in the near future!
And no affiliation, but I nearly live in my ABEO sandles. I get the neutral footbed. I teach in them half of the year, since I hate wearing socks. . .
I have a pair of abeo booties i love, I’ll definitely have to look into their sandals. Thanks!
Happy easter/pesach everyone!
1. Has to be Every storm a serenade from Imaginary authors.
2. A new jar of Weleda Skin food body butter. It’s just amazing.
3. Your favorite candy? Carletti chocolate bananas
4. And any random present you’d like the Easter bunny to bring you. – That I get typ pass my drivers license test.
Good luck on the driving test!!
I have not tried the Skin Food body butter but really like the new “light” version of the hand cream.
Thank you Robin. At 44, most people have had their drivers license for decades, but not not me. It would be fantastic to pass.
The skin food body butter is not light at all, and you have to massage a bit to get it to sink in. But it works great and smells really, really good. Vetiver and some fresh spices. Lime rinds.
Oh, the driver’s license…I passed the written exam the first try, but it took me 5 (the shame, the horror, the stress) tries to pass the actual driving test. Best of luck to you, and remember, you can’t possibly screw up worse than I did!
I might screw up more than you did. I’ve tried to pass 10 years ago, first while heavily pregnant (did not pass at all) and then twice after, when on maternity leave. I passed the written exam trice but missed the drivers test trice, twice by a hair. And after that I felt devastated and broke.
I’m not sure if it’s the same everywhere, but here you have to pass both tests within the same 2 months and there is often really hard to get a sloth for the driving exam. So, tricky.
1. Maison Marie Louis No. 4. I don’t really need any perfume right now but if a bottle of this fell into my Easter basket, I would not complain. This will probably be my next purchase. The deal was sealed earlier this week when I was wearing it one afternoon and my daughter gave me a “mmm, you smell good.” I wear perfume mostly for myself, but I do like it when other people think I smell good, especially my fam.☺️Trying to decide between the edp and the perfume oil…thoughts?
2. My bottle of Rainbath shower gel is down to about the last inch, so I’ll gladly take more of that. Love that stuff.
3. My favorite Easter candy is mini Reese’s peanut butter cups. The kind that come in the pastel colored wrappers. The danger of minis is that it’s so easy to keep eating and eating them.?
4. Continued sunny days from now until Christmas. That’s not too much to ask, is it? This weekend has (finally!) been so beautiful!?
SotW is White Cube. Happy Easter everyone!?
That’s a great no.4! I came very close to being your scent twin today. Happy Easter to you.
Weather is nice, I have the day off. I’m making a ham, which is good since it’s really hard to screw up. Sotd is Oriental Express from my hoarded sample. Decided it was a good day to bring it out. ????
It sounds like you’re having a very nice day, Lillyjo.
I really am!
You smell great. We had sun today too!
In what is probably my strangest perfume, Cacharel Eden.
1. A bottle of Miller Harris Tea Tonique for summer, I keep looking and waiting for the right price
2. I miss Lush Bathos bath bomb (I should check again because sometimes Lush brings back some of their offerings)
3. Some of you mention it and it makes me long for it so salt water taffy (unheard of in the UK)
4. A second large bookcase, I have 3 medium size and they take the floor space while being insufficient (I have one large one in the lounge so this would be for the guest bedroom)
I’ve never smelled Eden. Why is it your strangest perfume?
It smells really odd: fruits (both refreshing and sweet fruits), jungle green, slightly decaying flowers, and a little watery, it’s very long lasting and quite and experience, I think it deserves to be sampled at least once, there is nothing else like it. I’ve remained very fond of it and it suits warm and hot temperatures: it’s a very warm Easter in the UK.
Sounds interesting! The only Cacharel I’ve ever was enamored with is LouLou. Although I’ve worn Anais and Noa. I don’t think Eden ever came my way.
1. A bottle of Fum Ariose
2. I just placed a large candle order because I found a favorite D.L. & Co. line on sale, so let’s say No. 19 shower gel.
3. An endless supply of Reese’s peanut butter eggs would do me well.
4. Can the Easter bunny find me the perfect mattress? How about a just-right couch? I’m in desperate need of both so would take either.
No SOTD yet. Not sure what perfume mood I’m in. Still have tiny remnants of last night’s Casablanca. Waiting for the boyfriend to make breakfast and plan to get some laundry done soon. It will be a pretty relaxing day, other than the grocery store trip.
The just right couch is soooo hard to find! We may end up with ours for years more because I can’t find a good replacement.
Yes, and I tire quickly of shopping for them so that makes it even harder.
1. You can pick one perfume, new or old: what is it? Gucci Bloom. I think it fits spring perfectly.
2. And you can have one other scented product (a candle, a body lotion, anything): what is it? I love the smell of the l’occitane shea cream and wouldn’t mind a tin.
3. Your favorite candy? I love Crunchie bars! The honey comb texture is so, well, crunchie. It’s not an American candybar but World Market carries it.
4. And any random present you’d like the Easter bunny to bring you. I would like health and peace of mind for me, everyone I know and everyone I don’t know too. And for you too fragrant friends!
Re: #2 – it smells good but it is too intense for me!
I got a sample of the L’Occitane shea face cream and now I’m lemming it. The smell is so lovely and soothing.
1. Iris 39 or Memo’s Marfa
2. A replacement for my Philosykos shower gel. It was such an extravagance, but wow, was it worth it!
3. Today I’ll choose Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups.
4. I would love the time to actually use my yoga studio membership. Can the Easter bunny give me time?
Have a beautiful spring (or autumn) Sunday.
I’m in Ummagumma today- actually since before bed last night. I didn’t get up until noon! Unbelievable, but after three days in this crazy place, I am exhausted.
Yesterday, I had a “decontaminated” pt for 12 hours (bedbugs, fleas, scabies infestation!!!) and the whole time I just wanted to shower, shower, shower! Ugh! Got off work and drove faster than the speed of light to Planet Fitness (super nice one here!) and scalded myself for about 1/2 hour continuously. I still have the heebie-jeebies! I need more Ummagumma. ?
I want to take a shower just reading this!
Ha, understandable! Never saw anything like this in my LIFE! ?Ummagumma is really resetting me, though??
I think I developed hives just reading this. Glad you were able to disinfect!
When you think about becoming a nurse, this is never the scenario you imagine….. :-0
Oh, that sounds awful–for you and your patient. I’m cringing and itching just reading about it. I hope you are able to grounds yourself soon.
In Unter den Linden with all the doors and windows thrown open this beautiful sunny day. Recovering from hosting Passover for 12 last night, where we managed to use every dish in the house. Our Seders are very multi- culti with lots of laughter. I put together a 12 clue treasure hunt for the Afikomen, which had the kids running all around the house and backyard— prize? Candy, cat socks, and Hogwarts Haggadahs of course??? And all morning I’ve been listening to church bells ringing for Easter Sunday mass and the cats chasing bees on the back deck. Living in the moment, at least for the moment.
Sounds like a wonderful day! I have my windows open too, finally. One of those days where the birds are singing and some kids are riding their bikes.
Happy passover! We were up until 2am. I splurged this year and bought myself some dark chocolate-covered matzah. We had our first warm sunny day today, opened the patio door and listened to the church bells chime too. Took a looooong walk with the dog, who has had cabin fever with all the rain.
Did anyone else get the email from Creed? They are re-releasing Angelique Encens
Word is limited quantities- each boutique is getting only 20 bottles.
I don’t even know what Angelique Encens smells like and I am getting the FOMO vibe.
Wore Ostara today for Easter services. Daffodils were everywhere, so it suited the day.
1. No crazy urge for anything, but I’d take a BUB of Le Temps d’une Fête or Cuir de Lancôme anytime…
2. I’d also like a box of the Roger et Gallet carnation soap, but unlike october, it would be forme. Just me.
3. Candy? A LOOK! bar (chocolate covered nougat.) I settled today for a Baby Ruth from the independent general/drug store across the street. I felt obligated to buy it, because last time I was in there I commented that few stores carried them anymore. The owner insisted on ordering them for me. (I’m not sure stores like these exist outside of NYC…and they’re a dying breed here.)
4. Can’t think of anything offhand. I have all I need. At least for today.
#3 Yep, they’re a dying breed
Diptique Fleur de Peau for Easter Service and brunch. It’s a woody iris and while I am usually an over sprayer, one spritz is enough and so far has lasted me 10 hours so far. So don’t do a Koyel ? and spray until you can smell it ?
Yesterday, I wore on spritz of MFK Grand Soir, then re-upped in the afternoon with one spritz of Cuir Beluga. I ❤️ this combo!
As to the poll:
1. Dusita Splendiris
2. Atelier Cologne Sous toit de Paris or Frederic Malle Iris Poudre shower gel
3. Candy – No specific craving right now as I have a good inventory of dark chocolates!
That should be Diptyque!
Gonna have to try that Grand Soir & Cuir Beluga combo- sounds like a winner. I have the Iris Poudre body butter and love it. The Malle shower cremes just don’t have enough “bang for the buck” imho.
If you like Portrait of a Lady, the shower cream is fantastic. The other ones hit the spot while in the shower.
I do have the POAL shower cream and I use it with the body butter. Probably won’t repurchase when I’m done. Glad it works for you.
Had a wonderful sunny day outside with the dog. I wore PG L’Oiseau de Nuit.
Glad you had a good day. This is our first warm and sunny day. It feels great!?
It sure does! It’s been so cold, windy and rainy.
Oh also, don’t know if you saw my response the other night… I saw the cuir cordoba on the Keiko Mercari website.
I did, thank you!
A nice Easter. Got up and started cooking, went to church, then had dinner with my mom, sister, nephew, BIL, and hubs. Ham, roasted asparagus, homemade mac and cheese, strawberry pretzel salad, and lemon cheese pastries. Not remotely healthy and I’m okay with that.
Le Temps d’une Fête for the day. Hope everyone has has a nice day!
You smell great! And that food sounds delicious. Strawberry pretzel salad?? Curious and desiring recipe.
Let me warn you, if it’s cold and has a vegetable or fruit in it, southerners call it a salad. ? It’s more of a dessert. But it’s tasty and the recipe is below! I actually got mine from a friend but it’s just like the one below.
Oh my gosh!! My grandma used to make that exact same salad – to her, any Jello dish qualified as a salad – and even though I’m not a Jello fan, I still thought it was delicious! Perfect combo of salty/sweet and chewy/crunchy. Thanks for the happy memory
Happy Easter and Passover to all who are celebrating!
It’s been quite a weekend: No school or work on Friday, so the kid and I went on an adventure to the Louis Armstrong House Museum. The house is exactly as it was when Lucille (his 4th and last wife) passed away. There was a MASSIVE (like 300ML) bottle of Jicky in the downstairs bathroom–it was so huge I think it must have been a bath oil. There was another Guerlain bottle of perfume in that bathroom, but I couldn’t see which one…Then in the upstairs dressing room was a mostly-finished bottle of Diorissimo. That was a pretty reasonable 50 or 100 ML size. It was such fun to see her perfumes! And the rest of the tour was really interesting as well. Then on to Flushing for dumplings, yum.
Saturday we were all at a Seder in New Jersey, and stayed over. Then today we came back home, and my mom came over for Easter dinner. We are a fairly ecumenical family, and celebrate a lot of holidays.
As for the Easter Bunny…
1) Bottle of perfume–I have no idea. I’m hoping to purchase something in Spain when I go later this month, so am reading up. Anyone have any ideas?
2) Other scented thing–some really nice scented soaps. The Oriza LeGrands I want to try are always sold out when I go to look for them, so maybe one of those.
3) Candy–I love almost all sweet things, and reading everyone’s comments has given me several cravings. I will most likely end up “helping” the E.B. just a little and getting some half priced drugstore candy tomorrow.
4) Anything else–well, the E.B. moonlights as a therapist, right? I’ll ask the E.B. to help me not get stressed about my extended family and all the associated drama.
I so want to go see his house! Glad it was fun, glad Lucille had good taste in perfume
Thanks for sharing the info about the Armstrong perfumes! I love that!
Too late for the easter bunny, but here goes-
1. vintage Guerlain Apres l’Ondee
2. Cire Trudon Salta
3. smooth dark chocolate- Valrhona feves or ROYCE discs
4. as Koyel said above, health goals on a silver platter would be great, thankyouverymuch