PSA: Don't forget to change your clocks tonight! (Unless you live in a happy place that doesn't bother with daylight savings.) And the swapmeet will be
next Saturday oops, two weeks from today!!
Today: our annual spring forward poll. As always, answer as many or as few as you like, or just talk about something else. If it's fall where you live, adjust the questions accordingly.
1. What's the fragrance you'd most like to add to your collection this spring?
2. You have to vote one perfume in your collection off the island. Which one will go first, and why?
3. It's time for (fantasy) Spring Break! Where are you going, and pick ONE fragrance to bring with you.
Note: top image is Crocus [cropped] by James Johnstone at flickr; some rights reserved.
Hello nst! Welcome to the weekend!!
1- I’m pretty content at the moment but would like to sample the Gold series and PRIVÉ by OJ. Any thoughts on these?
2- vote one off? Hmmm. Le Labo Iris 39.
3 – I’m taking my first vacation in YEARS next week (camping on the beach in Florida). Will likely wear EL Azuree Soleil
Oops I didn’t subscribe to comments. Fixed.
Can provide foster home for your Iris 39. Just saying…
Camping on the beach is an excellent re-introduction to vacations! Hope it is a great trip and wishing you excellent weather.
I didn’t like Privé when I tested it, but I read good reviews of it, so maybe it’s just me… I thought it didn’t have as clear a character as the other OJ florals, it didn’t get me excited. I also struggled with a note, but couldn’t identify which one. But definitely do try it, others have liked it!
Hello? Am I the first commenter? there must be something going on where comments are loading….
anyway, I’m wearing Rose de Siwa, and it’s gorgeous! Sounds like Jojo Siwa who sells the giant hair bows for girls.
I’ve started watching youtube perfume reviews, don’t know what took me so long, I like the low edited calm ones. they are relaxing.
1) I’d love to add Aedes de Venustas, I love the bottle, I smelled it last summer I know I would love it, but it is pricy. I should have hosted a split (!)
2) Who am I voting off? Hmm, prob something I appreciate but never reach for like Paloma Picasso
3) Yay for fantasy vacations! I’ll bring Rose de Siwa – i love the idea of marking a vacation with a “signature” scent.
Happy weekend to all! I heard it’s going to warm up in my neck of the woods tomorrow, sweet mercy!
gvillecreative, I did the same thing
Coin-op, would you be interested in the travel collection (3 sprays) of Oeilet Bengale by AdV. it’s not the one you are looking for, but if so, let me know. I can mail late next week. Sadly, and I knew it going in, it just doesn’t work for me. Beas dottttt Beverly attttt gmaleee dot com ?
I’ll take your Paloma off your hands. Anytime!
You got it! It’s prob 40 mls of 50 ml bottle purchased from Macy’s in 2017. Email me your address, delivery may not be prompt ?
A cal der aio
To the ggeee male
I have already added two to my collection even though technically they are birthday presents for next month I am already wearing one, Brigitte, a custom blend made for me in 1998 by Sarah Horowitz. It’s a creamy lilac with supporting notes of grapefruit, violet, sandalwood, vanilla and musk. This would also be my spring break scent. And my second bottle which is still wrapped and on Mr. M’s side of the closet ready to be gifted to me for next month is my back up of Reglisse Noire because I thunked another bottle yesterday.
Off the island? Nothing because somehow someone in this household always confiscates/ “borrows” whatever bottles come our way so nothing is ever disliked enough to vote off….even my parents take bottles home with them whenever they come up to visit . If I really love something that I don’t want to share I have to hide it.
I like the way you are spreading out your birthday! Plus Brigitte sounds great.
Honestly, Robin, the bottles were bought ahead of time because of price hikes ( Reglisse went up 17 dollars right after I bought it) and discounts ( 15 percent off of the Brigitte…. 96 dollars for a 2 oz custom made EDP I could not turn down!!!)
Both good bargains…I would have bought early too.
Do I need to report them to Donatella given that they are “technically” birthday presents? LOL!
No, not if Mr M gave them to you!
I love the idea of your relatives leaving with bottles of perfume, it made me smile.
The lines are so blurred between who owns what Chez Marzipan because we pretty much share everything.
And I cannot say no to my parents because they’ve been enabling my perfume addiction since I was five years old ?
How cool! When someone makes you a private blend I guess they keep the recipe so you can re-order?
Honestly I was shocked that she still had it on file. I left a comment on another blog about how I had a custom perfume made by her and she actually responded back to me that she still had the recipe. So when I got the coupon I just ordered it.
And yes usually it is kept on file for reorder but I think the last time I reordered it was something like 1999 lol ?? ?
Wow, the personalized service is impressive too. What do you think of her signature scents?
Years ago when her company was called Creative Scentualizations I had many of her perfect series, Perfect Veil, Perfect Nectar, Perfect Chypre, etc and I liked them all . But I haven’t really tried any of her new offerings.
Thank you for the lovely comments re Dioressence yesterday. I didn’t get a chance to reply then.
24 F vintage today, returning to another love. Have a great weekend NST!
You smell great again today!
24F is fabulous.
I would like to add a FB of Tigers Nest or Woman or both!
Vote off….Berdoes Massoi Mara. There’s a note that turns me off although the bottle is beautiful
Tanzania coming up and will take something light like Assam because mostly it will be Deet
SOTD post gym will be heretic smudge
Mani pedi later today, yay!
Same here with the Massai Mara. I think it is the chamomille… otherwise I would love it.
Tanzania is #1 on my bucket list! I intend to go in the next couple of years!
Isn’t the swapmeet in two weeks? Looking forward to it!
Well, I just satisfied my lemming for Assam of India, so I’m good for now.
Voting off Aromatics Elixir. I bought a bottle recently and it doesn’t smell like I remember.
Yes it is, huge thanks SarahN!! Off to fix.
Great! Ordering my decants today…
That’s so sad to hear. I have some 2008-ish AE and I love it. But at this point I would be scared to buy a new bottle.
We won’t be changing our clocks just yet in Poland but it’s going to happen at the end of March.
1. If I were to pick blindly I would go for Hermes Le Jardin sur la Lagune or Memo Winter Palace. Otherwise Prada Infusion de Rose.
2. I can part with Rosine Bois Fuchsia. Got it on the occassion of a review but it’s not my cup of tea.
3. Can someone ship me to Japan please? I wanna see cherry blossom! Would take Berdoues Peng Lai with me.
That would be a great vacation!
Winter Palace is calling to me too, lucasai!
My sister and I have visited during Sakurai several times.
I cannot think of any smell of the blossoms, truly. But it is so beautiful and fun and so many temples are open that are often closed. And taiko drummers and maiko dressed and out on the streets of Gion. I love it all.
Someone take me to Japan, too!
I can take your Peng lai with me in two weeks….?
Lucky!! have a wonderful trip!!
1. I’ve already added two this year, Aftelier Antique Ambergris and Fum Ariose. If I were to add another it might be Fum Nerola, although I need to do some more testing to find out if it is my HG neroli/orange blossom scent.
2. Just one? I already voted about 20 bottles off the island in December and January. If I had to pick another from my used bottles, it would probably be either one of two older Yves Rocher scents that I just don’t care for any more, Chevrefeuille and Pivoine, or else Bois des Iles. I know, some of you may regard that as sacrilege, but I just can’t remember why I bought it. It is the EdT in the 200 mL vat. I understand the extrait is better, but I have never had a chance to smell that. For unused bottles (bought it, used it once, and realized it was a mistake), I do have a bottle of SSS Incense Pure that I bought in the shop closeout sale. I though I had liked it when I tested it years ago, but I really don’t. It will be available in the swapmeet (subject, of course, to negotiating a mutually acceptable swap).
3. I would continue my quest to visit all 50 states and pick one I haven’t been to yet. Since it is still winter up north, it would need to be one of the warmer states on my list, so probably South Carolina. I would say Hawaii, but I am saving that one for last. For fragrance, maybe I would take my new bottle of Fum Ariose.
I will admit that when reading your “voting off” list, I thought “oh ok” with the YR scents, then saw BdI and went “GASP!” But to each her own
I’m sure that Incense Pure will get snapped up instantly. It gives me a headache, sadly.
Wow! More and more I am realizing that you are my evil scent twin lol ?. I adore Incense Pure.
I am sure there must be some things we both love?
No not you, 50_Roses, Koyel.
And yes, Aroise is gorgeous to my nose. I am also certain that there are many shared loves.
Oh nooooo does that mean I might not like Réglisse Noire?? But I’ve been so eagerly curious about that one!!!
LOL ?. I just commented to you below!!!
I am sure I can find a home for the Incense Pure. I just want to make sure that I exchange it for something I will love. I’ve made a lot of other swaps for things I ended up not loving any better than what I swapped away, but I don’t want to do that this time.
I know what you mean; I’ve been more careful with swaps more recently, too. I hope you find something you love for the IP!
Good for you for snagging a bottle of Ariose! The more I think about it, the more I think I deserve to treat myself to it because I love it. I have some bottles to take to Goodwill and others to swap or sell, so that will make me feel better about bringing in something pricey.
Since I was a recipient of one of your 20 bottle giveaways, thank you again! And good luck on getting a good swap for Incense Pure.
Ariose is a beautiful fragrance.
if you need someone to talk you out of the full bottle I will say why not pick up another sample or two?
If you want me to talk you into it I will say, it’s an extrait so maybe not as expensive as we view it.
Ahh yes, good thinking on ordering more samples first. That was originality how I planned it, but as my birthday draws nearer, the sample repurchase has fallen by the wayside. I think I should just go for another sample or two next. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth!
Clocks don’t go back until the last sunday of the month in the UK…
1. Fazzolari’s Lampblack or Tauer’s Au Couer de Desert
2. Mugler’s Aura. I don’t know quite what I was thinking when I bought that, other than “oooh! shiny!” because it doesn’t suit me even one little bit.
3. I’m off to Hong Kong next month, so I’m not going to be greedy and add a fantasy trip on top of that! (first visit since I lived there in the mid 1980s)
I kept trying Aura and worked really hard to persuade myself that it was good ( on me) but it is one of the few non-sweet perfumes that actually made me want to get home and scrub it off. I am still not sure what note or combination brought out my strong reaction. Hey, Hong Kong will be great. I hope you can just wander around and dawdle .
Pretty much the same reaction with Aura! (It didn’t help that a friend commented that it smells like the showers at a beach, “clean ones,” she assured me… but still pulled a face.)
We’ve got a couple of days of family stuff, but otherwise an entire week of pottering about and exploring with no specific plans at all. Which is exactly how I like to travel. OK, there may be a few quests for things like interesting street art, and to see a couple of art spaces. But otherwise dawdle time.
Same here with Aura. i bought it unsniffed because it was a brand new Mugler and I usually love them, but it was a really big no for me.
Robin, isn’t the swap meet on the 23rd?
1. I’m still dreaming of a bottle of Fum Ariose. It’s still a maybe for my birthday next month, though it is way more than I typically spend on a bottle.
2. Other than bottles already in my swap or get-rid-of box, maybe Etro Messede Minuit. I can’t tell if it’s a new formula in the bottle I bought a couple years ago, or if it’s just no longer right for me. I’ll give it at least another wearing before I decide.
3. I’ll keep repeating that I want Togo to Hawaii until I actually do go. I see Southwest is starting to offer flights there, so it might be more doable financially give that.
I’d really like to get my taxes done this weekend, but we’ll see if I get it together. I don’t really have any concrete plans today other than heading to brunch in a short while. My boyfriend and I might go to a movie this evening. Tomorrow we’re going to a concert, and I’ll be going in late to work Monday for a half day because of it. I’m probably going to try out Grandiflora Magnolia Sandrine today.
Yes, you are the 2nd person to notice so I am glad you are all way more alert than I am! It is fixed, and I guess I owe apologies in advance for anyone who comes looking for it next Saturday.
Ha I’m on alert because I’m a weirdo and prefer to avoid making other plans the morning and early afternoon of the first day of a swap meet. That way I can watch the posts coming through and hopefully have first dibs on good stuff!
Robin, the swapmeet is next week or in two weeks (23rd)?
1. I would add Chanel Bel Respiro EdT to my collection.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker Stash. I can’t wear it anymore. Too masculine on me. However, I would keep the oil, since I like it pretty much.
3. I will repeat this over and over until one day it becomes a reality: Greece, especially Santorini. It is my biggest travel dream. I will bring a bottle of L’Artisan Un Air de Bretagne.
SOTD Vanille Insensee. Gorgeous day outside today, even though I am working.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Une Air de Bretagne! Great choice!
Agree! great choice!
The light in Santorini is otherworldly. I don’t know how else to describe it. you go!
Oh my! Dreaming about it. I will go for sure one day. Hopefully sooner than later.
You smell so good!
That’s your signature scent in my eyes.
Aww? you just made my day! It’s definitely one of my all time favorites.
How are you by the way? Will your girls be home at all for spring break? Hard to believe the semester is almost half over!
I am great, albeit dealing with a crazy work schedule. I hope you and your family are doing well. They come home for a week on Friday. I am really looking forward to seeing them.
Thank you! ?
I keep telling myself that I do not need another iris, to wit VCA Bois d’Iris, but it is waving and trying to get my attention.
Kenzo Flower Oriental was a great buy and now discontinued so I don’t feel I should get rid of it, but whenever I want a sheer, summer oriental I reach for something else.
Perhaps I should check on how those swallows are doing in Capistrano…
I think you might need BdI. It smells REALLY GOOD.
An enabler pin for you – ordered a bottle late yesterday…
Omg I’m so excited to have earned an enabler pin!!! I hope you enjoy it
The VCA Bois d’Iris is one of my top favorites! Glad you snagged a bottle!
Wearing Amouage Memoir today. I have a $167 credit on my Amazon account. Some of it, well three quarters of it is going to a Prime renewal but I see that there is an Amouage Epic body milk for $73. I am sorely tempted. Unless I get a three month Prime membership…
Ach choices! I hate that!
1. Sarrasins! My friend is going to Paris this week, so I’ve been pulling my budget together. I had a hard time deciding but I’m 80% positive.
2. As I’ve been sorting my collection this week (to move it to a different closet) I’ve been asking myself the same damn question! So far, the clearest loser is Ungaro Apparition. Lovely satiny raspberry floral that I never want to wear.
3. Since this is a fantasy, Istanbul. I have a Turkish friend who says it isn’t safe to travel there now but I would love to visit one day. I think I’d wear Nahema, vintage. Can’t beat a rose in heat.
I was lucky enough to visit Istanbul before the unrest began, and it’s so wonderful. I hope things calm down quickly, for multiple reasons (one of which, selfishly, is that I’d like to go back). I hope you can go soon!
Istanbul is beautiful, I am born there. Surprised to hear it is not safe to travel there now, I have family and friends who live there , even though there are always problems and concerns, I didn’t hear anything specific that’s happening right now.
Yes, many of my colleagues travel to Turkey frequently and none have told me they feel unsafe. Istanbul is such a lovely city. And Istanbul by Gallivant is a great olfactory homage to it
My next addition will be Dzongka. No question. Hearts, swoon, love.
Vote off? Actually, none. I really love all of the bottles I have right now. Obviously perfume monogamy is not for me.
A trip? I really would love to go to Scotland. I’d bring something like Wood Sage and Sea Salt, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if I forgot to apply it.
SOTD is Gallivant’s Brooklyn. Such a happy, relaxed scent.
Dzongkha is one of my favorites of all time! You have great taste.
Great choice for the fantasy spring break!
Yes to Scotland!
I got a sample of 4160 Tuesdays Tokyo Spring Blossom last year, and really liked that. Sometime this spring I’ll probably try to get a few more mls of that.
Off the island: Shalimar, particularly disliked by Mom.
Fantasy spring break: Much like the first couple of days in February 2018 that we were in Florida. Wading in the warm water of the Gulf of Mexico, watching a Phillies spring training game….or perhaps like vacations before that, West Palm Beach area, near the park where the South Florida Renaissance Faire is held, going to Butterfly World. (Warm weather being the theme here, obviously.)
SOTD: 7 Virtues Middle East Peace again. I’m really liking it.
We were JUST in butterly world!! It was magical. I have a newfound love for this creature
Such a neat place! And I enjoyed the sections where they had the little colorful birds, too.
I believe the website is http://www.butterflyworld.com, for those who would like to see pictures.
Let me know if you ever want to re-home that Shalimar haha!
Hi, KellyC! The Shalimar (EdT) is probably from the late 1980s, and the bottle sat out in a part of my room that gets the sun, unboxed, for some years. When I tried it last year, I got heavy Oriental, smokiness and incense. If you want to see what’s left of how it was supposed to smell originally, you’re welcome to. neyronrose at gmail dot com
1. BDK Rouge smoking. I have to drain 5 samples to permit myself to buy a bottle.
2. Prada Candy Sugar pop. I don’t like the marhmallow note anymore. Bottle is lovely though.
3. I’m promising mini-me a trip to the US next year. Will cost an arm and a leg. Would be fantastic if we could go this spring!! I will bring a bunch of samples or some travelsize perfume. I have some lovely E. Coudray travelsizes.
That’s a great criterion for buying, I should take note!
Hope you can arrange the trip soon! I feel your pain about the costs. I’m planning to travel to the US this summer as well, I want to see my best friend who lives there. Financing it is giving me a headache, too. But I didn’t travel anywhere in the last 2 years so I’m making this work no matter what.
I hope you have a wonderful trip!!
I would really love to smell Chene. I have never seen it but have convinced myself that it would be ‘the one’ . I would also like to try 1957 as I like musk and all the Memos…but Chene is the real one.
I could vote off Lupin and Patouchli. Maybe I just can’t smell it. Of the weeds series I have tried the Hemlock one is my favourite.
Thanks for all your kind congratulations yesterday. It means a lot.
The cranberries are ripe in our garden so that is today’s small project. I would like to travel to lots of places, preferably by teleport as everywhere is so far away.
Oh I missed yesterday and must see what the congrats are for! But I’ll add to them anyway!
I was on the road all day yesterday, will go back and look for your post, but congrats anyway! I preferred the Cade & Cedarwood of the weeds series, although Bergamot was nice too. Lupin & Patchouli was oddly fruity on me.
I have some Chene I can send you to try and see if it’s the ONE.
email me at vivienne dot elliott1 at the land of outlook if you want.
Just went back to see your comment from Friday. So excited for you. Wonderful news! Congratulations ????????
Happy Saturday, friends! It’d kind of damp and rainy out here. My SOTD is Gardener’s Glove. It’s nice, but between this and my Casablanca sample, my intense desire to try St Clair Scents has gone down dramatically. I still want to try First Cut, but I’m not burning up for it anymore.
This weekend will be all about finances. My boyfriend is helping me understand money (he’s had a job for almost a decade, since leaving undergrad, while I just started my first job < 2 years ago, after a PhD, and besides, every time anyone mentions money, I fall asleep). In fact, even now, he is bugging me to stop having fun on this forum and to focus on Fidelity or whatever site holds my money.
1. I want CAMEL! Or maybe Cardamusc or Bibliothèque, since I have a few mLs of Camel from very generous NSTers
2. Off the island: This is excellent prep for the swapmeet. I've got a Parfum de Thérèse earmarked for departure, and it may be joined by Vétiver Fatale. I should wear that one a couple times in the next two weeks to decide.
3. Fantasy Spring Break: I want to go to Bali and stay in a stilt house on the ocean. I don't need perfume. The scent of the sea and salt will wash all around me.
I would suggest you NOT try First Cut, given your feelings for the other scents. It seems to be a house that doesn’t work for you. We can’t love em all ?. And like I said above, I think you are my evil scent twin Lol ?
And maybe I have also squashed your lemming to try Reglisse Noire? See, it pays to have an evil scent twin ????
St. Claire doesn’t work for me either. And I’ll join you in the stilt house next door. Such an amazing dream.
Oh that’s a relief to hear. I thought my nose was just silly!
Aren’t those houses so wonderful-looking?! I imagine being very relaxed.
I want your fantasy vacation too. It sounds amazing right about now. I’m so sick of winter.
It sounds like we should have an NST-wide trip to Bali I could do with endless sunshine!
(Puts on adult money head)
And just think of the group discounts we could get!
“every time anyone mentions money, I fall asleep.” Lol- for real. ?
>.< Adulting is hard!
Hey, just bear in mind, you can happily reach a ripe old age without mastering EVERY single aspect of adulting. Indeed it is common.
You should indeed understand money but even then your eyes might glaze over.
Ha! I strive to be better, but it’s comforting to hear I’m not alone
At least your guy is on top of the money! I’m like you and start glazing over, and, unfortunately my hubs is just like me ?
Hahaha oh no!! Yeah, I’m thankful he’s on top of it
I really shouldn’t discourage downsizing, but have you given Therese a good bunch of tries? It took me a while to get but now it’s a top-5…
Hahaha ok ok I’ll try it a few more times between now and the swapmeet, but only because it’s you!
Lili Bermuda Frangipani SOTD
This spring I would like to try Lancôme’s Jasmine Marzipan, since many people seem to like it and I have yet to test it.
No new bottles for me…and nothing off the island yet!
I did some thrift shopping yesterday and picked up a beautiful sweater sleeveless tunic by Bruno Cuccinelli for a song and a dance. And its cashmere to boot…score!
My fantasty trip…
I would like to visit Morocco one day.
Oh me too! I’ve been to Tunisia but really want to go to Morocco.
Yes to Morocco!
Morocco is beautiful and yummy! For what it’s worth, I tried Jasmin Marzipan and hated it. It made me nauseous. But it did get five stars in the Guide and many love it…to each his own nose!
Oh look it’s raining. What a shock. They say we may see some sun this coming week though… wouldn’t that be wonderful?
1. Most want to add… not sure. I am sticking to my low-buy and finding that accomodates enough purchases. Perhaps a travel spray of Vilhelm Mango Skin…
2. Voting off? Well I keep trying to like the JM Snowdrop thingy but I keep not quite getting there. Not sure why I keep trying.
3. VACATION! I have a real one coming up soon, heading to Baja to see the whales. Mango Skin might be a good choice for that. But for a fantasy vacation I’ll join perfumelover67 in Greece. I have had a watercolor of Santorini on my walls for like 15 years and still have never been there. Must remedy!
I tried Edward Bess Last Night this week. It’s beautifully done as usual for his scents… rose, patchouli, green notes, woods, a little smoke. But it does have a difficult volume profile… super loud at the beginning, but down to a skin scent within a couple of hours. I’d be much more tempted if it kept to a steady moderate volume.
Also! My sample reject stash floweth over, once again. It’s time for me to give away a couple of 1-pound-ish mystery boxes to someones (some twos?) in the US. If you’ve claimed one in the past year you are not eligible, otherwise: shoot me an email at emc dawt 7 1 1 7 in the land of geee mayle. Note I’m not paying attention to dibs here on NST, I’ll pick the recipients from the emails I get.
Just sent you an email ?
What a lovely upcoming vacation! Enjoy!
(Up here, it’s sunny BUT ALSO raining. Sigh.)
How do you like Old Money Pixel? I’m not sure what it is, but it’s reallu hitting the spot for me.
Glad you like it! On my initial wearings, it was a like but not a love for me. Though I did enjoy it while decanting… will have to spend some more time with it I think.
It’s easy and that’s what I’ve been needing lately. Not earth shattering, but just smells nice. (And I can smell it through my stuffy nose!)
Mystery boxes are claimed
I have a sample of Last Night also, and I’m thinking it was mislabeled, because I got straight up iso e super. Or something, it was migraine inducing. I had Genre, and that was spectacular, so I’ll need to try Last Night again from a different sample.
Greece is also on my fantasy vacation list – those blue and white houses look so inviting
I lived there for two and half years in white house with a blue door. I cried the whole way out on the plane.
What fun — I love Baja, or I used to…have not been in ages. Hope the whales are on display when and where they should be !
Today’s scent is Kierin NYC 10 AM Flirt, which is fig/gardenia/sandalwood. I like it but my skin is eating it up despite several sprays from the sample.
1. Well, I just used my $100 Sephora rouge reward for Atelier Pacific Lime; broke my usual rule for the big bottle because I couldn’t bring myself to pay twice as much per ml for the 30ml. Will probably be sharing some of it. But I’m also wanting Nicolai Neroli Intense, which does come in 30ml. I’m supposed to be low-buying so I’m holding off on that one.
2. I have a partial bottle of Parfum d’Hermes that I acquired with my Hiris. Have never worn it, definitely not my style. So it needs to go.
3. We are going to Clearwater Beach for spring break (Easter week). I’ll decant some Pacific Lime, and probably also take a Bronze Goddess travel spray.
The Pacifica Lime has been getting a lot of love from bloggers so you did good!
I am SO MAD I missed out on that Rouge $100 award. I put it in my cart but by the time I went to check out, it went poof! (pout)
Check at 12 pm EST each week. I noticed they had another one available this week. I had preloaded my cart with a couple of staples that I needed so I was ready to check out right away!
Thank you – any particular day of the week?
Thursday is the day I got mine and saw it again this week!
Tuesday and Thursday for the 100 clam coupon.
I miss my easy access to sniffing Atelier Cologne scents! (I used to be able to walk down the street from my apartment in Toulouse to half a dozen perfumeries packed with fun things to sniff.) I haven’t gotten to try PL, but it sounds fabulous, and AC scents always make me happy, even the ones that are not very interesting. Nice purchase, and I totally understand the price per mL frustration!
I am waiting patiently for a number o upcoming releases, all or any of which I think I’ll love: Dusita’s iris, whatever Papillon has in the works, the new Masque Milano. It’s not so much that I crave newness as that I am saving money and so don’t want to spend on a ‘like a lot’ when a ‘love’ might be on the horizon.
I have a number of things I’d like to swap, but with care as some of them come from . . . Swaps. I also might gift some. First to go? A couple of Hermès had just do not agree with me. Instant headache from Orange Vert and the rhubarb one.
Vacation? I’ve had a cold-flu for ten days so right now anywhere I could like in the sun with people bringing me things. Miami would do.
Sorry for typos. Phone plus stuffy head.
Are you talking about the new Dusita Splendiris or there is any other Dusita iris release?
Yes that one! Didn’t care for the name choice and so keep forgetting it!
I very much liked Lucas’s name choice. It’s a beautiful fragrance. I tried my sample and then sent it off to a friend who loves iris notes. I think she loves it too.
It is indeed a beautiful perfume. It
I am also anxiously awaiting the Papillon release. Wah!
I’m also very curious about the new Papillon! She has such a well-curated collection IMO that a new release seems all that more exciting to me.
I hope you’re feeling better!
10 days is a long time — get well!
My boyfriend hates perfumes in general and refuses to wear them and just tolerates them on me, but he LOVES l’Eau d’Orange Verte! I didn’t care for it on myself, but I love how it smells on him.
The rhubarb one just smells like candy I should’ve listed that in the weekend poll asking about which scents have made us giggle. I can see that one not being everyone’s cup of tea.
Sorry about the stuffy head; feel better soon!
You’re going to laugh but the ONLY fragrance my husband wears is First Cut. He says the smell reminds him of his summer job as a teenager bailing hay AND he knows it makes me frisky when he wears it. The bottle lives on his side of the medicine cabinet.
I still want to try First Cut! The scent of hay is so lovely. I’m sure your husband smells great
Ok well I will tell you that one of my closest friends does NOT smell the hay or gorgeous lavender absolute but rather just the tobacco and she does not care for First Cut. There, did I squash your lemming? LOL ??? ?
1. I just did one of those midnight purchases last night (evilbay decant of Cuir de Russie), so perhaps I already did my spring fling purchase. Although I’m trying Fils de Dieu right now and liking it quite a bit, too…
2. I’m impressed many of you have perhaps one bottle that they don’t reach for often; I have a few of those! Pampelune, L’instant, Stash – I like them all alright, but I don’t reach for them. Could easily vote them all off the island, could perhaps even think of more.
3. My fantasy spring break might be a time machine trip where we go to Disneyland with the family when it’s not crowded – our university spring break used to be the very first week of March and we would often go to Disneyland then and it wouldn’t be so packed. Now our break has shifted and coincides with lots of other breaks, the parks are packed, and it’s harder for the kids to miss school as their break is in April.
I like your fantasy spring break. I’ve gotten to the point in life where I really hate crowds. They just suck the life right out of me.
Same here. Funnily enough, the rest of the family doesn’t mind the crowds – but then I’m always the one running around the park and getting the fast passes and herding everyone to the next ride.
Well, today The Other Mister Koenigsberg and I flew into exile. Yesterday I said goodbye to Malaga with a glass of wine on the Caleta beach and today we said hello to The Hague on the windswept beach of Scheveningen. So hello JiJi and any other Dutch NST folk, we are your new neighbours. (And a little wave southwards over the nearby border to Austenfan).
BTW I forgot to pack ANY PERFUME WHATSOEVER :^O
So I need recommendations for a perfume shop in The Hague or at a pinch in Rotterdam or Amsterdam. But The Hague would be better.
I didn’t get a chance last week to post on my 5 days of perfumes vaguely inspired by the CP:
Mon – Gabriella Chieffo “Hystera”
Tue – Nicolai “Patchouli Intense”
Wed – Annick Goutal “Ninfeo Mio”
Thu – Eris “Night Flower”
Fri – Vero Profumo “Onda EdP”
T the poll:
1. Amouage “Interlude Man”, one of my great favourites which I’ve only had as samples and decants.
2. John Varvatos “Artisan” – I never reach for it and it’s just not very special.
3. I read in the in-flight magazine about Lamezia Terme in the south of Italy, so I think somewhere in the South or Sicily would be good. And for perfume I need something that smells of lemons. But what could that be? Help me guys!
You forgot to pack perfume??????
A good ?? Assam of India or Malibu Lemon Blossom.
Thanks CM8! Also forgot to pack my flavoured teas. What a chump! ?
Not having tea would make me very grumpy. LOL ?
I’m sorry, I may have to revoke your perfumista card – you forgot to pack perfume???
I think it’s my ‘functioning adult’ card that needs revoking TBH. :^D
I haven’t tried a lot of lemons, but Eau d‘Hadrien is really good.
I recall liking it but finding it rather fleeting. I should retry!
Perhaps something from the Sicilian perfumery Viadeimille. They have one called Zagara which is based on citrus blossoms.
Thanks! I am prejudiced because the Carthusia “Zagara” is pants. Which is like not liking someone called Tom because you didn’t like someone else called Tom ?
Also check out Celeste parfums –
2514LJ Den Haag
They carry Via Dei Mille and lots more.
Thanks mag20! I shall check them out soon!
There is a fantastic niche perfumery in Amsterdam called something lounge. I forget the exact name but it comes up in google search.
I am totally jealous about your new home city!
Thanks, we’ll pop into Amsterdam some weekend I’m sure. I’m looking forward to exploring The Hague but (like everywhere in Northern Europe) it isn’t at its best from January to end March).
Lemon: Carthusia Mediterraneo.
I’ll have to retry it!
Acqua Decima from Eau d’Italie
Another one to retry! I can’t remember why I dismissed it – a lot of otherwise great perfumes fade quickly on my skin.
I am heading to this shop when we go to Amsterdam.
http://www.perfumelounge.nl/ NO AFFILITION!
The Hague has two good perfumeries (that I’m aware of)
and Babassu (they carrie Astier de Villatte) https://www.babassu.nl
While the weather is still very changeable as it should be in this time of year, there are loads of bulb flowers to be enjoyed.
Hope you have a good time in the Netherlands. I’m actually one of those contrarians that prefers The Hague to Amsterdam.
Have you visited Panorama Mesdag? Unique and worth a visit, just google the name.
Thanks Austenfan, I shall check them out. I have walked past the Panorama Mesdag building a few times!
I don’t have anything specific on my wishlist other than the city exclusive Le Labo Benjoin 19 which I have to wait until September for… I already told my husband it’s going to be my birthday & anniversary gift.
Vote off – probably Roads Harmattan, never wear it.
Vacation: I want to go to Martinique and Guadeloupe and douse myself in Ligne St. Barthe Vanille.
I would join that vacation!
I was awake early, like 4: 30 am Pacific Time, so I’ve almost had a full day already. Didn’t go back to sleep, so I put on a couple sprays of EL Knowing and snuggled under the covers to watch a bunch of ‘Say Yes to the Dress’. Good mindless tv, but wow, do people ever like to involve themselves in annoying ways.
1. What’s the fragrance you’d most like to add to your collection this spring?
Like others, I’m trying to not buy anything for awhile; I’m quite happy with what I have. Although I noticed that Luckyscent has mentioned a new Dusita Iris fragrance. Iris always gets my attention!
2. You have to vote one perfume in your collection off the island. Which one will go first, and why?
I have a bottle of Hermes Kelly Caleche edp that I don’t reach for too much, so maybe that one. I may have to try it again tomorrow to be sure. Perhaps if I re-organize my bottles, there will be several others.
3. It’s time for (fantasy) Spring Break! Where are you going, and pick ONE fragrance to bring with you.
Right now any place warm would be my fantasy vacation. Last year we got a great last minute trip to Varadero, Cuba. The beach was absolutely outstanding there. Or maybe go back to the Dominican Republic.
Kelly Caleche is so great and yet I don’t reach for it much either! Something inedible about it… or something?
1. I was excited about the Jo Malone collection, but didn’t love any i tried. In a fantasy world I would find a vintage Vol de Nuit in the square baccarat bottle at a reasonable price
2. My perfume collection needs to be culled by a lot. I would get rid of a bunch of white flowers, vintage perfumes i never reach for, and a bunch more I am extremely lukewarm about.
3. An IG friend posted about her family trip in the Calanques in southern France, and it looked absolutely beautiful. So Calanques, and if i can get greedy, a couple weeks around Provence and Cinque Terre, Sardinia.. I would bring either FM Lys Mediterranee or PdE Azemour.
“Extremely lukewarm” is making me laugh….
Ooh! A poll!
1. OJ Champaca! Which is winging it’s way to me right now. (Thanks LizzieB for hosting the split!)
2. Samsara. I felt like a needed a bottle of the vintage edp, and while I can appreciate its beauty, I just don’t reach for it. It is not particularly “easy” for me to wear. I will probably keep a small decant for reference and swap or sell my bottle.
3. It’s time for REAL spring break! I finally booked flights for madtownteen and I, and we will be heading to Florida in a couple of weeks. My parents are already there and have two extra bedrooms just waiting for us. How could we not go?! We will be going to the gulf coast this year and I’m pretty excited about it. I haven’t been to the ocean since I was a teenager. I have a list of contenders for perfume, but if I could take just one it would be Olivine Atelier Amongst the Waves perfume oil.
My SotD is Reminiscence Musc perfume which I just had to try after watching a YouTuber rave about it. The internet is a terrible place for creating lemmings. It’s reminding me of nag champa incense.
I have the same experience with Samsara, difficult to wear for me as well.
Your real spring break sounds awesome!
Your real spring break sounds lovely Enjoy!
The gulf coast of Florida is gorgeous and the beaches and sand are soooo beautiful! I’ve spent a lot of time there and it’s definitwly a happy place for me! Excited for you!
1) Oops – I already did yesterday! Xerjoff’s Fiore d’Ulivo from their Casamorati line. It is so lovely and upliifting. I could pick samples as a gift and I chose Atelier’s Mimosa Indigo and it went straight to my want list as well…
2) Also done, I said goodbye to some of my unused, unloved fragrances just two weeks ago. My mother happily took Burberry Body off my hands, but there was also CK Eternity Aqua, and Kenzo Flower in the Air.
3) London, probably. I always want to go to London. I would take either Bulgari’s Eau Parfumée az Thé Noir or Atelier’s Vanille Insensee. I get a buzzing vibe from both, although I’m not sure how that happened with the Bulgari. They recall the busy streets of the city to me.
I’m looking forward to sniffing the new Jardin. I don’t know if I’m hoping to like it or not – I have a long enough wishlist as it is and I really don’t need to add any new items. But I will be disappointed if it isn’t good.
I am going to be bummed if I don’t like the Jardin too, even though I’m kind of expecting to not like it.
1. I’m feeling very virtuous as I didn’t buy the 75 ml of Memo Tamarindo in Singapore for $267, but waited until this morning at home to buy the travel size for $62.
2. TDC Jasmin de Nuit needs to go. I think I like it, but I never wear it and it’s taking up valuable real estate in the perfume cabinet.
3. As I just got back from vacation and have the jet lag to remind me, I think I’ll pass on anywhere else for now, but I am going to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend just to sniff things with Basenoters.
Today I’m wearing Azemour because it was in the front of the cabinet. The PdE bottles are too tall to sit where they should, in house alphabetical order, and in my bleary morning state I just grabbed the first thing my hand hit. It was a good choice on a sunny day.
That is smart and virtuous! Welcome back.
Wish I could give your Jasmin de Nuit a good home!
Beautiful day and I’ve been out for much of it- gotta soak up what I can since tomorrow will be rainy. I’m wearing TF Mandarino di Amalfi from a Sephora sample, which is bright and optimistic. Not sure about a bottle, but a decant wouldn’t be rejected.
1) Another bottle of PdN Neroli Intense! Probably a first time wanting a 2nd of anything. I’d love the 100 ml, but I’ll probably have to settle for the 30ml again for now.
2) an 80s bottle of Shalimar PDT which was the only Shalimar survivor of a couple of other Shali vintages. The PDT was my favorite version for subtle reasons, but I never wear it.
Also, a bottle of SL Fleurs de Citronniere which I got in a blind swap on FB a couple of years ago (swapped for a vintage Chanel no 5 edt). I should like it in theory, but I finally will concede it just doesn’t work beyond the beautiful neroli opening which only seems to last about 10 min.
3) All my vacations are fantasies this year because of school (except for LA in August, though it’s no fantasy, but a family affair). I would love to go to Costa Rica! A friend moved there, to Nosara, about 6 years ago now and her photos and stories about life there sound so appealing to this urban dweller. I hope to get there someday. I’d bring Neroli Intense.
The Shalimar PDT is also my favorite concentration, I don’t wear Shalimar that often but when I do I like to compare them side to side so in my case I don’t vote them off
Email me if you ever want to re-home your Shalimar pdt! I’d buy it off of you!
1.In my dreams (!) I would love to add Vero Kern’s Mito VdP to my little collection. Sigh…
2. I am pretty much happy with what I have and only have 1 perfume that I don’t use, will keep it still, because I love the bottle and it looks great in my bedroom. Taking about Balmain Ambre Gris.
Number 3 is easy-would love to go to FL this spring and will take a decant of Profumum Aqua Viva that I received from a very kind and generous NSTer.
SOTD- Diptyque Fleur de Peau from a sample. Mmmmmm… I smell good!
You do smell good.
I gave away my bottle of Ambergris too. The bottle is great!
I am back in the freezing midwest from sunny Florida and I can’t say I am ecstatic. I hope my body stored enough sunshine to last me through April!
1. I have been lemming Kismet for awhile and it will finally be mine thanks to the splitmeet. Other things I am eyeing are the Aedes. I have only tried Grenadille d’afrique and loved it and the reviews of the others seem pretty enthusiastic.
2. I have so many to vote off but I will mention two that will be in the swapmeet: Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne and Arquiste no.57. Both well done but no longer for me.
3 I would love to go to Mexico. It’s relatively close so I am not sure why I haven’t yet! I would also like to go to Kenya
Yes to Mexico and Kenya!
1. Hiram Green Dilettante is at the top of my buy list – the split didn’t fill up, alas, but there’s a travel size…
2. I just got Drole de Rose in the splitmeet and I think this one is going straight back out the revolving door – easily my least favorite Giacobetti I’ve tried.
3. It’s snowing here, so I’m going to a beach in Thailand. I shall bring Dasein Summer and smell like grapefruits while I eat all the things.
Oh no, sorry you do not love Drole de Rose! Hope you can swap it.
A poll what fun.
But first since I didn’t write my sotd for the community project, I was wearing Guerlain l’Instant Magic (which should really be Magique) by Sylvaine Delacourte and Randa Hammami: citrus almondy, a favorite of mine.
1. Hermes Hiris: I’ve just received it and the blue bottle sits proudly on the living room table
2. Kenzo Madly: I love incense but it’s simply too much, in my head I call it the rough incense, however I’ll finish what’s left of the 50ml bottle
3. Provence, I’m definitely going there in August and my bottle of Un Jardin apres la Mousson (works best in dry heat I found) is waiting for me there
Lovely image of the Hiris bottle sitting proudly. Glad you are enjoying it.
Thank you! I had to wait to find a reasonably priced bottle for about a year, and I know I will wear it often this early spring; you smell great in Beloved, so impressed that you went through a full decant first, so now you deserve a bottle, fingers crossed you get it
Do you like l’instant? That’s a favorite of mine. Magic was nice too but I prefer l’instant
Oh yes, Yasmina, l’Instant is great with its honeyed florals, more complex that Magic.
1. What’s the fragrance you’d most like to add to your collection this spring? Goop Orchardor Fresh Cannabis santal – Either one I can find cheap first on ebay.
2. I think it has to be CdG/Pharrell Girl. I’ve realized that the violets spoils it for me. Sad, really.
3. I’m going to Warzaw with my father and my sister and I’m bringing 4160 Tueadays Eau my soul, a new love.
Have you tried the Goop Orchard yet? I am curious about that one.
1. Contemplating ELDO Fils de Dieu… Any thoughts on this would be welcome.
2. Too many: Si Lolita – I like the anisy opening, but it stays too sweet for me. I can do a sweet top note, but then it needs to settle. Flower by Kenzo – musk candy/ candy musk. PdE Yuzu Fou. I used to like it. Maybe I should sit on it and wait for the 360?
3. Morocco and Chergui.
Love FdD! I can send you some if you’re in the US. Just holla taiga101 in the land of yahooligans??
1. Fragrance I’d most like to add is Nettle and Wild Achillea from the new Jo Malone Wildflowers and Weeds collection. It’s the first Jo Malone that I didn’t find to be too pretty, if that makes sense. Maybe the wild weed nature appeals to me…
2. Hmmm, I’ve got a vintage L’Heure Bleu that I love for its vintage sake, but the notes have gone off.
3. I’d love a private tour of Grasse with Jacques Polges. I wouldn’t take a perfume but would come home with the entire Chanel Exclusive collection. Hey, a girl can dream!
Your number 3 is perfect!
Wearing the remnants of Amouage Beloved on my fleece from last night. Watched The Favourite (so good!). This perfume is so expensive but available for a steal on the discounters. It is so strong that I will literally never ever finish a bottle. 5mls has lasted me years. But my decant is getting very low and thick. I will likely ask for it for Christmas.
Does the fragrance net 37% come off the listed price? No right?
No you have to put a coupon code in. How do I know this? Because I was super naughty this morning ????
Maybe I will conveniently be sick on the day Donatella makes her appearance.
Did you dare to break the “no-buy”? ???. Donatella will not forgive you for sure! ???
I am hanging my head in shame ?
I am rationalizing it by saying each bottle bought was only twenty dollars and if I don’t love em like I used to I can gift to my mom…. plus, skipping pizza night this week and next week so there’s the money LOL ? ?
I am so bad!!!
Glad to have you back cm8! Don’t skip Donatella, I want to envy what you got!?
What did you get??!!??
Two loves that I wore 20-30 years ago….NOA and Niki de Saint Phalle. They were slightly over twenty dollars each for a 100 ml and 75 ml bottles and I bought them to qualify for free shipping because the Escada I bought for my daughter’s birthday was equally as cheap. I did stop myself from adding Safari to the cart as that is another old love I would like to have again.
I don’t know what is happening to me. I used to be so strong and not be tempted to break my no buy.
Please report back how the current fragrancenet offerings compare to what you had before…I have a running list of things I might get there…
To add: Papillion’s Dryad
Off the island? Easy. AdP Colonia Oud. Why? Is “because I find it to be a discordant horror” specific enough?
My fantasy spring break takes me to…hmmmm….Iceland where I’ll be sporting something cozy but nuanced like Hiram Green’s Hyde (which, oops, I don’t actually have)
Discordant horror pretty much covers it!
1. Right now I am craving citrus scents. I’ve been eyeing the super cheap Eau de Shalimar.
2. My temporary sotd is Gucci by Gucci because I had to see if it’s still an island vote off. It still is, unfortunately it just isn’t for me. Great bottle though.
3. I still don’t want to go anywhere, I want the warm weather to come to me!?
I vote you pull the trigger on that Eau de Shalimar!
I keep trying but it’s just not in the paycheck. Maybe when I get my tax refund. Have you tried it? I’m hoping it has lots of lemon.
I haven’t tried the EdS. I have Shalimar Light and I’ve heard they’re very similar! It’s perpetually in my cart on FragranceNet.
But I also love all things Shalimar, so…
With you on #3!
1. I’m thinking very hard about Aziyade, which I sampled from the Magical Traveling Box of Perfume.
2. Sel de Vetiver. Cain’t do it. Tried, tried and tried, but just cain’t. I love vetiver. I have a bottle of vetiver essential oil that I breathe in periodically, just to get that earthy scent. But, Sel de Vetiver is a scrubber for me.
3. Like lillyjo, I don’t want to go anywhere on Spring Break. I’m too vaguely weary to get excited about doing anything except staying in jammies the entire week (smelling good, though, in my new splits – Olibanum, Champaca, and Tiger’s Nest).
Super late because work is putting a kink in posting.
1. Onda VdE if it ever comes back in stock.
2. Hermés Agar Ebene (or whatever!). I have a travel size I’m hoping to swap in the upcoming swap meet. Me no likey!
3. No spring break for me because I’m hoping to take the summer off for an extended Alaskan/Canadian road trip.??
SOTD is Bvlgari Omnia. Can’t wait for Monday!
I didn’t like that one either
I really don’t need any new perfume but I would like a bub of Felanilla.
I’d probably vote my vintage bottle of L’Heure Bleu off the island. It’s lovely and the bottle is beautiful but I never reach for it. Also Orchidee Vanille and Le Parfum for the same reason.
We’re planning a week in Vermont this summer but if I could have a fantasy trip, I’d love to see Paris and Italy.
SOTD is Bottega Veneta.
You smell great! And a BUB of Felanilla sounds just perfect! ?
Aww. Thanks! I hope you and T-Rex are doing fine.
I actually would love to see France and Italy too, If I didn’t have to fly.
I hope you go someday, Petunia.
You too lillyjo, by teleport! ?
Beam me over, Scotty?
Another PSA. Indigo is having a sale on certain brands today only … 33-50 percent off full bottles.
We have some major financial challenges coming down the pike, so it is impossible to plan a real vacation. But if money weren’t an object, I’d like to rent a flat in a villa in Venice—I know it sounds hackneyed, but I have never been to Venice and read too many Victorian novels about “grand tours” when I was a teenager to give up the fantasy now. And while I am at it, I’d throw in a week in a villa on Lake Como as well. What would I wear? Hmmmm… fantasizing . . . Well of course as an exiled Polish Jewish heiress, I would waft Puredistance Warszawa in my wake, sipping tiny macchiatos and taking in the view from my terrazza.
Can I go to Venice with you?! Or Lake Como?
I think I read those same novels…
Trying Berdoues Assam of India. (Thank you, Rayleigh Blue!) I don’t specifically get a tea scent like I did with Osmanthe Yunnan, but it’s nice. I’ll soon see if it makes Dad wheeze when I pass the doorway of the room he’s in.
I told Rayleigh Blue that my current favorite black tea is Numi’s Breakfast Blend. If I can remember right from reading the box a few hours ago, that’s a blend of Assam, Ceylon and “hints of Darjeeling.” I know I tried Darjeeling by itself some years ago and didn’t like it. I guess I don’t mind if it’s just hints. (*shrugs*)
This morning’s hot tea was jasmine green. It was not as cold out as it was near the end of last week, but it was raining. Definitely a good day for hot tea.
Wearing Narciso today. And feeling like yet another cold is coming on…probably a mutation from whatever my husband has…. sigh.
I have plenty of scents I bought for cheap and on a whim that I’d let go. General culling should be done.
I don’t have something I am itching to buy, but wish I could sniff Desert Flower limited edition. And I plan to sniff 1957, simply because it’s the year I was born (yikes!). OJ Privé will be sniffed sometime this spring, just for fun.
No fantasy spring break, since vacation will be at the vet. If I was to go somewhere, I’d choose between Utah national parks and Madrid.
I have a cold that just won’t go away too.
Nice vacation choices.
Emergency perfume purchase today (as I cleverly left everything behind when we moved to The Hague). The nearest perfume place was just ‘regular’ brands so the candidates were more-or-less classics that I’d tried before and liked:
– Cartier “Declaration”
– Givenchy “Pi”
– Guerlain “Habit Rouge”
– Guerlain “Heritage”
– Guerlain “L’Homme Ideal”.
I went for Pi in the end. Now at least I can be decent and not naked as I walk about the city. :^D
It’s hard this time. I would love a bottle of Marions-Nous by Oriza L.Legrand, but then I would also really, really like a bottle of Mohur extrait de parfum. Plus I need to add the two Néroli’s by PdN. And Le Labo Patchouli has been on my buy list for ages.
I’m not getting rid of any perfume just yet.
I’ve been rewatching Joanna Lumley’s Nile and kind of want to visit Sudan. That bit of desert is stunning.
Mohur extrait is so good!
I will be getting a new FB in NY for my souvenir. Not sure what yet, will just see what strikes me! I don’t have any FBs to kick off the island right now, just some samples I’d like to give away to someone. Not sure if NYC is my dream spring break but I’ve never been and I’m sure looking forward to a week there next week!
Didn’t wear anything yesterday. Tried a new work out class and then worked in the yard to do some pre-spring cleanup. Noticed while I was out there that my lilac and nectarine tree are budding out and also that my perennials are starting to sprout back up. Woo hoo, spring!
In Shalimar today. I neglect it alway trying something else but I’m spraying generously today and loving everybody second!
NYC is a great place to pick out a perfume souvenir
1. I would like to have a vintage bottle of Shalimar EDT. Hope to find one at a good price on eBay soon. (Pray for me.)
2. “Red Door” by Elizabeth Arden. I’ve had it for years. I never reach for it. I doubt I ever will. This one is an easy “first toss off the island.”
3. I would spend two weeks in a hut out over the water at the Ritz Carlton on Bora Bora. I would take along my bottle of vintage “Bellodgia” by Caron – a breezy seductress that never bores me, ever.
1. Add to collection? I’m very curious about the new Hermès Jardin fragrance, though I haven’t tried it yet. That might be the one. I love the others.
2. Vote off the island? Can’t think of any in particular, though I have some that I neglect. If I had Angel, I’d probably vote it off, but I’ve never invited to the island in the first place!
3. Dream spring break? A return trip to Bermuda. And I wouldn’t take any fragrance with me, because I would stock up at Lili Bermuda!